Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    crossing fingers here too for my Windows Phone 7!
    Guys, I did the update and BAM!!! My company Blackberry can send & receive calls as well as send & receive SMS!! Bluetooth data tethering apparently isn't supported but ad-hoc is in!!! I set the freeTether on my Pre+ to open and it connected. This is a very welcome update and if a BB can connect, I'm sure anything will connect. Check it out and post any news.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue View Post
    Guys, I did the update and BAM!!! My company Blackberry can send & receive calls as well as send & receive SMS!! Bluetooth data tethering apparently isn't supported but ad-hoc is in!!! I set the freeTether on my Pre+ to open and it connected. This is a very welcome update and if a BB can connect, I'm sure anything will connect. Check it out and post any news.
    This thread below apparently lists the phones that are supported for text, ironic that it is blackberries and droids that have the right bluetooth protocol:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    So after reading through all the posts I'm still confused as to whether I have too uninstall all patches, or just run the update from the System Updates icon in settings.
    As someone just said, you don't need to uninstall patches, you do have to remove themes if you installed one. I thought I'd explain why you don't have to remove patches though. Earlier in webOS's life, the wise people that developed the patches came up with a way to make them compatible with updates. So what happens now when you update is that the patches from the old version will be checked for compatibility an updated patch will be installed if its available. If there isn't an updated patch available, a placeholder will replace your actual patch, an you will be notified when the updated patch is available. Note that this is for patches only.

The above is one reason the guys behind homebrew deserve our support, they've really done wonders with webOS.
    werkx likes this.
    Are people seeing any of the patches now? I removed mine (I read through this earlier before the last few posts that say it isn't needed), and I don't see any patches available in Preware or via WebOS installer. Did they all get removed?
    Just watched several 720P videos on YouTube and they ran way better than 3.0.2. Loading time was great and the video was very smooth.
    Agreed. Way better performance after 3.0.4. Actually, I was never able to play 720p flash before, so this is awesome.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Props to HP/Palm for sure. Pretty decent update.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    Are people seeing any of the patches now? I removed mine (I read through this earlier before the last few posts that say it isn't needed), and I don't see any patches available in Preware or via WebOS installer. Did they all get removed?
    Nope, as of right now none of the patches are available for 3.0.4 yet.
    If you open Preware and look at the List of Everything which is sorted by reverse date,
    you'll see nothing except the 3.0.4 Palm Kernel (Touchpad) has been released today.
    It'll all come. Just takes a few days as folks have to go dig through
    the source files of each app to be patched and figure out what changed.
    Sometimes the Homebrew developers see the new release ahead of time and have
    the patches ready. Sometimes they don't.

I'm missing ThumbNav a lot.

ian
    in email, there's no more option to "empty trash".
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    Hi,
    I updated my touchpad to 3.0.4 today and noticed that it will no longer charge while in my Targuss Truss on the touchstone.

If I take the case off, it will charge fine. It used to charge perfectly fine in the Targus case until updating. It's really annoying now I'm going to have to either hope for a solution or get a new case...sigh.
    Crap! Update installed even after I specifically told it not to. I wasn't able to make all the needed uninstalls along the way.

Unit seems to be fine tho -- even caught some new updates to a few apps. Portrait and landscape sensing are much improved.

But I can also confirm, Touchstone does not work while in the Truss Case. Major bummer.
    So, I removed all mu patches, and uninstalled uberkernal, but I left all my homebrew apps, including govnah. Now when I try to load preware it is getting hung up on "Reading Saved Packages" and won't go forward. Anybody else experiencing this? Any thoughts on what I should do to get preware back?
    Preware works fine, other than waiting patches. The new webOS is faster than the old with patches. I like the speed that stock apps are loading.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue View Post
    Please confirm: Does ad-hoc (ad hoc) work with 3.04? Please provide prove - devices and application(s) used
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Apparently my bleeping Touchpad decided to install the 3.04 on it's own. I picked it up and it had an "installing update" message.

Anyhow, too late now I guess.

My question is what do I do with my installed patches after the 3.04 update? Which ones do I keep and which ones do I remove? (that are no longer necessary)

** I have ALL of the recommended patches installed from the "Get Started Guide" thread **

Please advice. Thanks.
    Last edited by left4dead; 10/18/2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by romebaby View Post
    Running 3.0.4, showed an update for F4 Phantom, ran update, running @ 1.728 just fine now.
    tanks man my its flying you the man
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by left4dead View Post
    Apparently my bleeping Touchpad decided to install the 3.04 on it's own. I picked it up and it had an "installing update" message.

Anyhow, too late now I guess.

My question is what do I do with my installed patches after the 3.04 update? Which ones do I keep and which ones do I remove? (that are no longer necessary)

** I have ALL of the recommended patches installed from the "Get Started Guide" thread **

Please advice. Thanks.
    This has been explained several times in the last few pages.
    Do nothing. Just wait for updates to the patches, and they'll automatically show up
    in Preware updates section as they become available.

ian
    I don't think this was mentioned but new in the Messaging app is the ability to set status for individual accounts. So you can be online for Skype but not online for Yahoo Messenger. I am super happy about this improvement.
    This upgrade is great. I paired up my new Samsung galaxy s2 and I can send and receive texts and calls...pretty sweet. Web page scrolling is also way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric90066 View Post
    Crap! Update installed even after I specifically told it not to. I wasn't able to make all the needed uninstalls along the way.

Unit seems to be fine tho -- even caught some new updates to a few apps. Portrait and landscape sensing are much improved.

But I can also confirm, Touchstone does not work while in the Truss Case. Major bummer.
    Glad it's not just me. I've put mine back into the technocel iPad folio for the time being. I'm going out of town and wasn't planning on bringing my touchstone (just a the regular charger) so I guess until a fix is found I'll just use the Technocel (or maybe just go ahead and order and HP case) for "home" and throw it in the Truss when I'm traveling since it's more rugged.

Hoping someone will come up with a Preware patch though!
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    Hi,
    I updated my touchpad to 3.0.4 today and noticed that it will no longer charge while in my Targuss Truss on the touchstone.

If I take the case off, it will charge fine. It used to charge perfectly fine in the Targus case until updating. It's really annoying now I'm going to have to either hope for a solution or get a new case...sigh.
    I got the same thing ... booo
    INCREDIBLE:

My Kalemsoft Media Player still remembered where I left off on the last movie I watched before the update.

My TP now prints flawlessly to my new HP P1606dn B&W laser. No more solid black printouts.

In-field scrolling seems to be present now. It certainly is on the Precentral forum here in the 'advanced' post editing page.

INCREDULOUS:

I have never had so much difficulty composing one damn sentence. He'll, one damn word, as with the new and improved sensitivity and over-responsiveness that seems to be built into the auto-correct on this update. I can't believe how long it took me to write the word 'flawlessly'. Before getting halfway done spelling it (correctly I might add), about 5 different words (that had no relevance whatsoever) kept popping up trying to take its place, then practically refusing to give me back my intended word. Damn, auto-correct! Back the hell off! I NEVER had this much trouble from auto-correct before this update.

Hotlinks that I paste into emails still do not show up as hotlinks. They must still be copied and pasted by my recipient into their browser instead of being 'clickable' like they should be.