Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 233
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #141  
    ooooooooooooops, youtube is not working after upgrating....anyone has the same problem?
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by miafey View Post
    ooooooooooooops, youtube is not working after upgrating....anyone has the same problem?
    just checked YouTube... works fine... in fact, it works faster than before.
    (probably because the browser now works faster)

    I didn't just update. I did a full erase, followed by webOS Doctor 3.04.
  3. rajstruck's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by miafey View Post
    ooooooooooooops, youtube is not working after upgrating....anyone has the same problem?
    works just fine on mine... i had a little quirk with preware after the update but a restart fixed it.. try a restart
  4. #144  
    Anyone having a problem with downloading the update? mine is super slow and few times got disconnected.. its not my internet, maybe the servers all crazy busy since everyone's downloading it..


    Update: Finally downloaded it now installing
    Last edited by touchpad007; 10/18/2011 at 03:22 PM.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    "...more robust Skype video calling..." I wish they could have expanded more on this. The only complaint I had was blocky video. Is that fixed?
    I don't see any difference at all. Skype video chat worked fine in 3.02.
    The video is just as clear in 3.04. Sound quality also seems to be the
    same.

    Not really sure what they meant by "more robust" Skype video calling...
  6. #146  
    no AVI or MATROSKA support?
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    just checked YouTube... works fine... in fact, it works faster than before.
    (probably because the browser now works faster)

    I didn't just update. I did a full erase, followed by webOS Doctor 3.04.
    well....I didn't erase anything before I updated....
    glad to know it's not the problem of the system though

    will try uninstalling all patches first....
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpad007 View Post
    Anyone having a problem with downloading the update? mine is super slow and few times got disconnected.. its not my internet, maybe the servers all crazy busy since everyone's downloading it..


    Update: Finally downloaded it now installing
    Mine took a long time and I had to keep reconnecting.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. #149  
    I didn't uninstall any patches or kernels before updating. Definitely snappier browsing now.

    Youtube works.

    It will not play vorbis internet radio streams, despite "ogg support".

    paired w/ my nokia 5230 nuron / tmobile prepaid phone
    Last edited by gergev; 10/18/2011 at 04:37 PM.
  10. #150  
    How to you make phone calls? I've paired my touch pad with my Nokia N8 everything seems fine, but when i want to make phone calls it tried to use Skype, not my phone. now if i make phone calls from my phone i can hear it through my Touchpad's speakers. any ideas?
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I don't see any difference at all. Skype video chat worked fine in 3.02.
    The video is just as clear in 3.04. Sound quality also seems to be the
    same.

    Not really sure what they meant by "more robust" Skype video calling...
    I found Skype to be pretty impossible to use despite laptop to laptop connections from the same locations working very well. From what I heard early on, Skype on the TP (and Pre3) was of a very variable quality and so you might have been lucky. I had given up on Skype on the TP altogether, but will try again...
  12. #152  
    I keep getting an alert that the 3.0.4.77 installation will begin in 30 minutes. I keep hitting Install later because I don't want to upgrade until after the patches and overclocked kernels are updated. How do I keep it from automatically updating?

    Thanks.
  13. rajstruck's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #153  
    now I don't see patches in preware at all!!!
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    I found Skype to be pretty impossible to use despite laptop to laptop connections from the same locations working very well. From what I heard early on, Skype on the TP (and Pre3) was of a very variable quality and so you might have been lucky. I had given up on Skype on the TP altogether, but will try again...
    Yup, there is an improvement in a TP to PC video call. In fact a huge improvement since I did not find Skype usable before whereas it is not quite usable. In a TP to Pre3 video call there is a marked improvement, but sounds needs to get a bit more clear. Only based on quick tests with both ends of the call going through the same ADSL router, so the quality might get even better in a real world scenario.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    I found Skype to be pretty impossible to use despite laptop to laptop connections from the same locations working very well. From what I heard early on, Skype on the TP (and Pre3) was of a very variable quality and so you might have been lucky. I had given up on Skype on the TP altogether, but will try again...
    ]

    That's odd... I've been using Skype on Touchpad-to-Touchpad, as well as Touchpad-to-PC
    and Touchpad-to-smartphone, since the end of August. Mostly from my home LAN or the
    free WiFi at airports, McDonalds, etc.... Never had an issue. Both voice and video calls
    work great!
  16. #156  
    Weird, I finally was able to get to a download server after a number of attempts at the Systems Update and it said 3.0.2 68 was available for dowload and started the download. I am pretty sure I was already running 3.0.2 having downloaded that a while back.

    Hopefully I will get prompted that 3.0.4 77 is available so I can get that update.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    now I don't see patches in preware at all!!!
    I do not either. I removed "Advanced Reset Options" and "Remove Tap Ripple" and went back to reinstall them and don't see them anywhere.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    Weird, I finally was able to get to a download server after a number of attempts at the Systems Update and it said 3.0.2 68 was available for dowload and started the download. I am pretty sure I was already running 3.0.2 having downloaded that a while back.

    Hopefully I will get prompted that 3.0.4 77 is available so I can get that update.
    The download and install just completed, and it said I now have 3.0.4 77. And when I look at Device Info it says I have 3.0.4 Build 77. So it appears I did have the latest version already and happy to not have to download twice.
  19. #159  
    So I'm sure this has been brought up a million times, but I don't wanna back read a million pages lol.

    I downloaded the update and everything I did with Preware has been erased. Touch ripple is back, so I'm assuming all the stuff I did to make it faster has been deleted too.

    When I go back into preware, I do not see "patch" anywhere on the list.

    Any suggestions on how to get this back?
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie305 View Post
    So I'm sure this has been brought up a million times, but I don't wanna back read a million pages lol.

    I downloaded the update and everything I did with Preware has been erased. Touch ripple is back, so I'm assuming all the stuff I did to make it faster has been deleted too.

    When I go back into preware, I do not see "patch" anywhere on the list.

    Any suggestions on how to get this back?
    I suggest waiting.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions