Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Y'all might want to wait until we hear from webos internals before doing the patches again. At least a few will be obsolete. The cache seems to be working ok, and apps load or at least appear to load more quickly which may eliminate fast card animations. Since they've moved clear bookmarks to browser prefs, that's no longer needed, and I'm sure there are others.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    el_tufo10 likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I paired my ADR6300 with the Touchpad and the Touchpad shows that the phone is connected.

When I try to send a message though, I am prompted to connect a phone.

Message Can't Be Sent

A phone must be connected to this device via Bluetooth in order to send a text message.

So far, no messages have gone out.

The phone considers the Touchpad to be a Bluetooth headset.

I just tried to make a phone call.

I could see the phone dial out and the person I called did receive a call, but we could not hear each other.

The ADR6300 was sending the audio to the Bluetooth headset, which was the TouchPad.
    Last edited by dna550; 10/18/2011 at 12:58 PM.
    If I run WebOS Doctor, does it take off all of my purchased apps? What about my installed movies and photos?
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 10/18/2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Y'all might want to wait until we hear from webos internals before doing the patches again. At least a few will be obsolete. The cache seems to be working ok, and apps load or at least appear to load more quickly which may eliminate fast card animations. Since they've moved clear bookmarks to browser prefs, that's no longer needed, and I'm sure there are others.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yea, I'm going to hold off on getting this update. I'm happy with how my TP is running right now so I'm not in a rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post

(4) why is "HOMEBREW" tabe still in my launcher menu? I used webOS Doctor, so shouldn't that have wiped out every patch?
    I guess tabs are kept on the servers now - that's why they can't be even made like in 2.1 or the way I'm used to 1.4.5
    But I added a new TP to the family(and my palm account and got that too). No biggie I guess.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    (5) it is possible to revert back to 3.02 using webOS Doctor (in case there are patches that I can't live without) Will HP's backup server prevent this because my most recent backup profile is in 3.04 from a few minutes ago?
    I suggest you do not downgrade. I just did it with my defective TP (because of touchscreen issues - I was about to send it to HP later via UPS)

Now its stuck at 12% been there for 1 hour now (before it only takes 1-2mins to pass the 12% mark). Again, I'm downgrading from 3.0.4 to 3.0.2

I'm so glad I have this in my defective TP before I tried it on my actual TP.

Quick call.

EDIT: Update.. I pulled the plug while it was on 12% and WebOS doctor said that it failed to install blablabal ..

I pressed and held the power + menu button for 15 seconds it reboot and now it booted back up to the home screen (still 3.0.4). I guess its not that dangerous but downgrade might not work anyway.

So this is probably a one way street
    Last edited by keplenk; 10/18/2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    (4) why is "HOMEBREW" tabe still in my launcher menu? I used webOS Doctor, so shouldn't that have wiped out every patch?
    I believe your tabs count and names are actually backed up to your palm profile. I remember anytime I switched from my Pre- to a newer Pre- it remembered the number of tabs I had created.
    This seems to be a bigger issue, at least we are two with this problem:
    The nationalized keyboard was missing after the update. A new installation afterwards just has the effect of a frozen screen, revert option does no matter, so just th doctors helps - I hope he will, at the moment Im downloading the doctor...:-((
    Installed 3.0.4 with no problems but forgot to remove the Glass Effect Theme before hand. Couldn't remove/reinstall it afterwards. Since I can't seem to get WebOS Repair to work with the touchpad (keeps getting cannot open WebOS Doctor zip error) I am just going ahead and using WebOS Doctor to put a clean 3.0.4 load on my TP. It'll be a pain reinstalling all my apps and data but better to start fresh at this point I guess. I'll probably hold off on any of the patches till they are tested/updated for 3.0.4.
    Remove ripple tap re-installed and works fine.
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Myns Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    hmmm.... anyone else's preware bombing out when it tries to load feeds post-patch?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Removed all patches, themes, impostah and OC kernel before update. Update took about 25 mins and all went smooth. Performance is smooth and stutter free inspite of being unpatched and no OC. Having used faster card animations for a long time, I can easily discern the card animation to be relatively slower but still very smooth. App catalog is much smoother now and there's dropboxify HD in the catalog now
    Quote Originally Posted by kablam0r View Post
    hmmm.... anyone else's preware bombing out when it tries to load feeds post-patch?
    its probably trying to auto find feeds based on the os number? currently it looks for 3.0.2/stuffetcblah, maybe its looking now for 3.0.4 and theres nothing there yet to find.
    It disabled overclocking in Govnah on mine. I then deleted and attempted to reload Uberkernal. I get an error that this version of webOS is not supported. Sounds like Uberkernal needs to update to recognize the new OS version.
    INFORMATION:
    As stated in other threads: It will take several days for patches, apps, and kernels to be updated. They won't work with the new update, but Preware will let you know when updated patches and items are ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    I paired my ADR6300 with the Touchpad and the Touchpad shows that the phone is connected.

When I try to send a message though, I am prompted to connect a phone.

Message Can't Be Sent

A phone must be connected to this device via Bluetooth in order to send a text message.

So far, no messages have gone out.

The phone considers the Touchpad to be a Bluetooth headset.

I just tried to make a phone call.

I could see the phone dial out and the person I called did receive a call, but we could not hear each other.

The ADR6300 was sending the audio to the Bluetooth headset, which was the TouchPad.
    HI,
    I've managed to use the touchpad to make a call... Or rather I switched to Bluetooth on my desire (running gingervillain 3.2), while in a call. Worked ok, audio was a bit loud and I couldn't seem to adjust it via the touchpad, must have to adjust it some other way... On the phone maybe?

Found that while I was on the call, that I had to switch manually on the touchpad phone app to bluetooth... Something like that anyway, can't remember... Will have a fiddle and look again.

not managed to get messaging working... Is it even possible? ***

Scooby

*** EDIT: just read post 2 down, messaging not possible (yet?) from non webOS phones.
    Last edited by scoobysnax; 10/18/2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added info,
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    INFORMATION:
    As stated in other threads: It will take several days for patches, apps, and kernels to be updated. They won't work with the new update, but Preware will let you know when updated patches and items are ready.

INFORMATION:

Thank you! Does this mean I should just go ahead and update to 3.04,
    wait a few days, then let Preware update all the apps/patches? (instead of
    uninstalling the apps/patches before updating to 3.04)
    from Palm blog:

Software update information and release notes for TouchPad (Wi-Fi)
    Article ID: 18666

This article lists new applications and feature changes in software updates for the TouchPad.

For instructions on updating the software on your device, see How do HP webOS system updates work?
    webOS 3.0.4 webOS 3.0.2
    webOS 3.0.4

HP webOS 3.0.4 makes TouchPad snappier, includes a new camera app, makes it easier to find great TouchPad apps in the App Catalog, and a number of other improvements.
    Core applications
    Camera

New front-facing photo and video camera app.

Browser
    Larger tap targets for easier tapping.
    Increased support for Flash & Flash plug-ins, including recognizing accelerometer events.

App Catalog

Added ability to view only TouchPad, Phone, or All applications in App Catalog.
    Launching and viewing App Catalog contents are quicker.
    Improvements of the user interface include app icon appearance, responsive tap targets, and formatting of the app description.

Music

You can add songs to a playlist from Album view.
    OGG Vorbis and FLAC media files are supported.

Messaging

Setting status (online/offline) per account is now supported. For example, you can be offline on your work account and online on your personal account.
    You can set your status to invisible on Yahoo! Messenger.

Phone

You can now pair a phone that is not a webOS phone to the TouchPad, so you can answer calls on the TouchPad.

NOTE: Most devices cannot send or receive SMS (text messages) from the TouchPad. The SMS Mirroring functionality needed to send and receive SMS from the TouchPad requires the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) to be supported by the phone.

Email

Performance of the Microsoft Exchange Global Address List (GAL) when composing a new email or using Just Type has been improved.
    Added support for the Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover service to assist in setting up Microsoft Exchange accounts without having to enter server configuration information.

Additional bug fixes in Maps, Contacts, Calendar, and App Catalog.
    webOS System
    Keyboard

Bluetooth keyboard pairing with generic keyboards has been simplified and now includes an automatically generated pairing code and instructions on how to pair.
    System load balancing: webOS maintains a higher level of overall usability when the system is downloading a large amount of data (for example, during a restore) or is installing apps.

Security

This release addresses a number of security issues with HP webOS software.

Individuals interested in contacting HP to report suspected security issues can find more information at hpwebos.com/security.

edit: I cleaned up the formatting when pasted it
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    After update all is fine but preware stuck while loading on 'Reading saved package List' . Anyone with this problem?
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    was this there before or is there a new effect when you tap on things in website?