Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beradon View Post
    Anyone have the link to the thread with the custom application bar and launcher icons, I lost my settings with the update and really dont like the default look. I'm not able to find the thread by searching (I'm likely just blind)
    You mean this one?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ore-icons.html
    That's the one, I appreciate it.

/bookmark

EDIT:

New issue. My 'C' key on the onscreen keyboard is semi-unresponsive. Before the update it was my 'R' key.
    I'm liking what I see so far.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Trouble with the accelerometer? In Asphalt 6, I can't steer well enough to control the car. I've tried different settings on the control sensitivity, to no avail.
    Messaging App has a nice update for setting your status on multiple services. Still don't have a way to add jabber servers other than the preinstalled google chat; still need msn, icq, etc.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Loving the new update, typing is now a lot smoother!
    browsing and typing seem smoother, thats nice.

Still no bluetooth gamepad support though, still dont know why they cant add it, CM7 has it.

Cant wait for the patches/oc'ed kernels to become re-available.

Also forgot how reliant I am on cifs shares, which of course default webos does not have.
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/18/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    I just want to make sure I do everything right before I update.

Should I uninstall all or any of the following:

Patches found in Preware
    The Kernel
    Govnah under Applications
    I have 4 Linux Applications: GNU Patch, Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$, $Hulu$ $Fix$, $Lsdiff$
    Sys ToolsMgr Service under Service

I am not sure what a few of these are. Is it better to run doctor and then update? I think a sticky would be helpful with this information for the new owners, as it might be safe to leave everything installed, run the update and then wait for preware updates….but I have no clue.

Also...will I lose Machinarium with the update? What about photos and movies?
    I decided to just webos doctor to 3.0.4 since I had installed with some patches still on it (which I cant uninstall now) and am experiencing some touchscreen sensitivity issues. We'll see how it is after.
    Wow excellent update. Defiantly makes the device much faster.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Anyone able to pair their phone fully?

My WP7 Arrive says not connected although the TP says it is connected...when I try to pair as a "hands-free" device the TP says it cannot...
    Quote Originally Posted by beradon View Post
    I decided to just webos doctor to 3.0.4 since I had installed with some patches still on it (which I cant uninstall now) and am experiencing some touchscreen sensitivity issues. We'll see how it is after.
    Device is far more responsive after webos doctoring it to 3.0.4. Much more so than just the update
    How are you guys connecting your phones? I have an iphone4 and wanna give it a shot
    Device is far more responsive after webos doctoring it to 3.0.4. Much more so than just the update
    really?
    Pairing with my EVO 3D I have the same issues I had when using the tether application. Sending Texts show they sent on the TP but the phone constantly says they are pending, and after phone restart, all texts are re-sent.

Bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    really?
    Yep, but it could have been because of all the patches I had on it before the update. I had only uninstalled uberkernel, I hadnt thought to uninstall all my patches.
    muffle system logging and private browsing, don't install?
    I decided to start fresh by using webOS Doctor.
    because I didn't want to deal with uninstalling/
    reinstalling Preware patches.

The webOS Doctor installed 3.04 on my Touchpad
    very quickly and smoothly.

Here are some quickly questions:

(1) does this mean the Preware people(and patch developers) have to update everything whenever HP brings out a newer version of webOS for Touchpad?

(2) is it just me or does the keyboard now feel much more responsive? (especially on my Touchpad that has screen protector)

(3) Amazon Kindle is still in Beta version?

(4) why is "HOMEBREW" tabe still in my launcher menu? I used webOS Doctor, so shouldn't that have wiped out every patch?

(5) it is possible to revert back to 3.02 using webOS Doctor (in case there are patches that I can't live without) Will HP's backup server prevent this because my most recent backup profile is in 3.04 from a few minutes ago?

(6) should I install Preware today, or wait a few days for them to update and work out any possible issues with 3.04

(7) has anyone tried to pair Samsung Galaxy S or SII smartphones to the Touchpad yet?

Thanks!
    (1) does this mean the Preware people(and patch developers) have to update everything whenever HP brings out a newer version of webOS for Touchpad?
    Yes. This is fairly common among all platforms, even games with custom interfaces. Patch or major update gets released and anything custom has to be at least verified, if not partially re-written to include fixes or whatever else for new libraries included in the update, changes to the way system calls are made, etc. In some cases, some updates may render certain patches irrelevant as the update may include the functionality a patch previously did.

(6) should I install Preware today, or wait a few days for them to update and work out any possible issues with 3.04
    I installed preware but I'm not going to install any patches from it until they say they have been updated to 3.0.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    muffle system logging and private browsing, don't install?
    Honestly I wouldnt install any 3.0.2 patches in 3.0.4 man.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast