Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 233
Like Tree11Likes
  1. kenmitch's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovleshgarg89 View Post
    Can anyone which was on 3.0.3 unoffically tell me if he is getting the update? Or we have to doctor it back to 3.0.2 and then install 3.0.4?
    I am currently at office and don't have my TP with me.
    Thanks.
    I'm on 3.0.3 fresh install from a doctor job I did Friday night. I'm dual booting the CM7 tho. When I checked system updates it showed up which was a surprise as I hadn't been here this AM.

    Currently it's installing the update. Seems to be progressing but slowly about half way done so far. Not sure what's gonna happen to the dual boot with CM7 but thinking it'll still be there once it's done.

    I'll update my post if any issues should pop up
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    The camera app that was in the app catalog does the same thing.
    New one will do video.... or at least the dev build did.
  3. dna550's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #63  
    What's new in webOS 3.0.4?

    A new over-the-air update for HP TouchPad is now available.

    Some of the new functionality you'll find in the new update include:

    A new Camera app for photos and video
    The ability to pair non-webOS phones to your TouchPad, so you can answer calls on your TouchPad. Pairing with non-webOS Bluetooth keyboards has also been streamlined.
    Support for OGG Vorbis music files
    Online/offline messaging status support.

    In addition to new features, you'll also experience better performance, user interface improvements, and other enhancements such as support for accelerometer events in Adobe Flash Player, and more robust Skype video calling.

    Jon Zilber
  4. #64  
    Paired the TP with my HTC EVO 3D
    Messaging Works!!!!! Voice calls...not so much.
    I can initiate a call from the TP but it loses the connection to my EVO.
    The TP igonres incoming calls.
  5. bugelrex's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    The release notes are up at blog.palm.com/
    "...more robust Skype video calling..." I wish they could have expanded more on this. The only complaint I had was blocky video. Is that fixed?
  6. #66  
    Same as before posts.
    All my patches are broken...
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmitch View Post
    I'm on 3.0.3 fresh install from a doctor job I did Friday night. I'm dual booting the CM7 tho. When I checked system updates it showed up which was a surprise as I hadn't been here this AM.

    Currently it's installing the update. Seems to be progressing but slowly about half way done so far. Not sure what's gonna happen to the dual boot with CM7 but thinking it'll still be there once it's done.

    I'll update my post if any issues should pop up
    Thank you so much for the reply.
    i also have the exact same configuration. 3.0.3 with CM7
    I have heard that this update might remove the moboot due to which you will not be able to load CM7. Maybe you will be required to install moboot.zip again using ACMEInstaller.
    Else doctor it back to 3.0.2, then update to 3.0.4 and then load CM7.
  8. #68  
    Installed successfully. I removed all the patches first tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    Paired the TP with my HTC EVO 3D
    Messaging Works!!!!! Voice calls...not so much.
    I can initiate a call from the TP but it loses the connection to my EVO.
    The TP igonres incoming calls.
    Paired with my iPhone 4 and messaging doesn't work. I haven't tried calling yet but it looks like it is working.
  10. #70  
    Update worked fine (and I have moboot and android installed as well).

    Undoubtedly we'll have overclock kernels working asap on the device, but even clocked normally it feels roughly as snappy as the overclocked kernels did before.

    HUGE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE BROWSER! No more rubber-banding while scrolling, and text is actually properly rendered!!!

    Keyboard feels more sensitive. Better typing. A quick typing test (powertypingtest.com/typing_test/typing_test.shtml) shows I'm making half the mistakes I made in 3.0.2 just prior to the update, and I've gained roughly 15 wpm according to that test. Doesn't seem to be missing nearly as many taps as before. Impressive. (65 wpm, 9 mistakes). Pretty damn nice overall.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    New one will do video.... or at least the dev build did.
    Yeah I'm updating now and will check it out.

    I removed my patches first (only had 4) before installing webOS update.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by agg23 View Post
    Is it worth updating? My Touchpad is going to arrive today and I plan to install UberKernel and many patches.

    Should I wait to update until devs start working on it?
    Like any update it will break patches/tweaks that worked with the previous version. Lots of patches people use don't work with 3.0.4, including UberKernel. It's probably best to wait a few days and see how many patches get updated first.
  13. vdillon's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
       #73  
    Bluetooth pairing with my Droid X succeeded. Trying to make a call from the TouchPad didn't quite work though. It dialed but audio did not come through the TouchPad.

    The Messaging App has been updated. You can now granularly set availability per account. Looks like issues with Google Talk have been addressed.
  14. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #74  
    Yep - lots of nice stuff in here - just trying to pair my phone to it....
  15. #75  
    No surprise here. It erased the Dvorak keyboard map for the virtual (onscreen) keyboard, and it also clobbered my Dvorak Bluetooth keyboard map.

    I'll have to re-do both tonight.
  16. wordsm1th's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #76  
    I removed all patches I had before downloading the update, can anyone confirm if there would be any issues with having Impostah on my touchpad while I install the update?
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Update worked fine (and I have moboot and android installed as well).

    Undoubtedly we'll have overclock kernels working asap on the device, but even clocked normally it feels roughly as snappy as the overclocked kernels did before.

    HUGE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE BROWSER! No more rubber-banding while scrolling, and text is actually properly rendered!!!

    Keyboard feels more sensitive. Better typing. A quick typing test (powertypingtest.com/typing_test/typing_test.shtml) shows I'm making half the mistakes I made in 3.0.2 just prior to the update, and I've gained roughly 15 wpm according to that test. Doesn't seem to be missing nearly as many taps as before. Impressive. (65 wpm, 9 mistakes). Pretty damn nice overall.
    Were you on 3.0.2 or 3.0.3 when you installed the update?
    And you are still able to boot to CM7 right?
    Thanks.
  18. pebacher's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #78  
    The upgrade seemed flawless to me. I too lost Uberkernel but I am sure the boys and girls at WebOS Internals are working on a new version right now. Looks good so far. The volume button for the new camera app worked for me. Now doing a few app upgrades. It is great to see some support coming from HP. I hope this continues.
  19. #79  
    I uninstalled all the patches and the warthog kernel. Updated smoothly. Was able to reinstall Advanced Reset Options (Thanks!)
  20. #80  
    Does anybody have any ideas on the exclamation mark coming up when I boot after updating? From my understanding, WebOS Doctor will wipe everything from my TP, and I really don't want to do that if I don't absolutely have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions