Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Can anyone which was on 3.0.3 unoffically tell me if he is getting the update? Or we have to doctor it back to 3.0.2 and then install 3.0.4?
    I am currently at office and don't have my TP with me.
    Thanks.
    Not knowing any better I uninstalled all patches, kernel, and Govnah. Left other apps and preware of course. Updated and everything went well.

It does seem faster in stock form now. I still think the browser boggs down too much.
    All of my apps are running fine and I'll wait to see when the patch/kernel folks have some time to post some thoughts.
    I too am stuck at an exclamation point ...now what??
    Well I thought I would create a list of patches and/or apps that have reported conflicts so people can have easy access to this info. This is not official but just going from what I see in this thread. If you are worried then I would uninstall all patches and kernels and then install the update.

ThumbNav
    Bookmarks open on browser
    tap ripple
    Govnah
    Advanced Reset Options
    Uber Calender HD
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Installation complete. Govnah is intact, but Uberkernal not listed there even though it's still installed according to Preware. Removed and reinstalled > got this: "Kernel is not compatible with this webOS version, aborting" under Postinst section of log.

I went into Preware Saved Pkg list to reinstall all my patches, and I see a number of them are lacking the little green downloaded arrow. I assume this means they're not available in this update (until the dev's do some tweaking, I guess). Here they are:

Ad Blocker
    Add ThumbNav Controls
    Advanced Reset Options
    Disable Lock Screen
    Just Charge by Default
    Launch with Folder View Minimized (Mail patch)
    Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Reply/Forward
    Muffle System Logging
    No Launcher Button
    Quiet powerd Messages (sic)
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    UberCalendar HD
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    Unthrottle Download Manager

Dang!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,430 Global Posts
    Bug in the camera app - it says to use the volume controls to take a picture but as well as taking a picture, they still act as volume controls.

Otherwise, seems about the same - might be slightly faster but I'll have to use it for a while first to work that out.
    The 3.0.4 doctor is available via the Palm Profile page (https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface) if something went wrong with the update.

I have CM7 installed with moboot, and the update keeps failing so I'm going to run the doctor and see if that works.
    I've just installed it.

Uberkernal isn't compatible with this version, and Govnah lost the frequencies above 1.18 ghz.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    so far, all patches I've installed are not active. 1.5 o/c ubercalendar, etc...
    installing now! Took a bit of time to download now that the news is spreading.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Without overclocking, is webOS 3.0.4 faster than over-clocked 3.0.2?

Is the V8 JavaScript engine helping on page loads in the browser?

I'll know soon enough, Unpacking now.

Just-in-time to beat the Ice Cream Sandwich announcement this evening in Hong Kong.

Validating.......................................

Installation complete. No issues.

As has been reported, overclocking not available.

Seems pretty sweet so far!
    Last edited by dna550; 10/18/2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Update:

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Installation complete. Govnah is intact, but Uberkernal not listed there even though it's still installed according to Preware. Removed and reinstalled > got this: "Kernel is not compatible with this webOS version, aborting" under Postinst section of log.

I went into Preware Saved Pkg list to reinstall all my patches, and I see a number of them are lacking the little green downloaded arrow. I assume this means they're not available in this update (until the dev's do some tweaking, I guess). Here they are:

Ad Blocker - able to reinstall
    Add ThumbNav Controls - NOT able to reinstall
    Advanced Reset Options - able to reinstall
    Disable Lock Screen - able to reinstall
    Just Charge by Default - able to reinstall
    Launch with Folder View Minimized (Mail patch) - NOT able to reinstall
    Mimic Outlook Formatting on Email Reply/Forward - NOT able to reinstall
    Muffle System Logging - NOT able to reinstall
    No Launcher Button - able to reinstall
    Quiet powerd Messages (sic) - able to reinstall
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging - able to reinstall
    UberCalendar HD - NOT able to reinstall
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon - able to reinstall
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler - able to reinstall
    Unthrottle Download Manager - able to reinstall

Dang!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Those of you getting an Exclamation Point Error should check to see if it could be an Exhibition Mode error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Do Not Touch View Post
    Those of you getting an Exclamation Point Error should check to see if it could be an Exhibition Mode error.
    If it is an Exhibition Mode error, how would I solve that? And what would have caused that?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Bug in the camera app - it says to use the volume controls to take a picture but as well as taking a picture, they still act as volume controls.

Otherwise, seems about the same - might be slightly faster but I'll have to use it for a while first to work that out.
    The camera app that was in the app catalog does the same thing.
    The release notes are up at blog.palm.com/
    The update took me 28 minutes. At first glance, I see that I lost my custom Launcher icons and the ability to overclock.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Is it worth updating? My Touchpad is going to arrive today and I plan to install UberKernel and many patches.

Should I wait to update until devs start working on it?
    Ordered 2x HP Touchpad 32GB @ 9:34AM EST
    Purchase #441xxxx
    Order #3056xxxx

Received shipping email 10/12/2011 @ 7:31PM EST
    Received the 2nd 2 week email

#staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Should uninstalling uberkernal and system patches be wise? Dont know if the update will have a problem with it. I seen a post on rootzwiki that it removes moboot bootloader if you have CM7 installed. I might just do a Dr and reinstall both OS's from scratch to be safe.
    Just paired TP with my Evo 3D. We'll see how that works.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast