Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Still validating, going through with it once it's done. I'll keep you posted.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Shame there are no official release notes yet!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Update completed w/o any errors.

Quick checks so far:
    App Catalog upped to version 5.0.2200. Pivot still same 'warming up screen'.

Preware and patches
    HOMEBREW/GAMES tabs are still in the launcher.

Browser patches. Looks like at least some Browser patches are gone.
    ThumbNav is gone
    Bookmarks don't open on browser open
    I found some unofficial ones, but they're unofficial. Google it you'll find them too.
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/18/2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I just noticed that there is a new release. Wonder what it will do to installed patches?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3211310
    Don't forget to remove any theme you have installed before upgrading!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I found some unofficial ones, but their unofficial. Google it you'll find them too.
    I know - I have seen the unofficial ones, not really complaining. I'll wait for the official ones from them, can't be long now till they release them.
    <thread merged>
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    New Camera App confirmed! Ended up placed on the DOWNLOADS tab. Allows switching between photo / video modes. Does not rotate.
    Slightly OT, but if you could superimpose the start up HP glow with the update gif "swirl", I think that would be a pretty cool start up routine.
    davidtm likes this.
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts
    Downloaded, unpacked, verified. Before installation, I ran EPR just to be safe. (I know, probably not necessary, but I wanted to avoid losing Thumb Nav in the browser, if possible.) After the required Luna restart, I noticed that the Launcher button was back, and my Preware icon in the Launch bar was awkwardly squeezed into the middle.

Doing Installation now . . .
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Downloading now, will see if i can see any changes!
    Looks like it broke my Preware patches. Had to reinstall remove tap ripple, Govnah doesn't seem to be working now
    Sweet. Gotta charge the battery a bit then ill be trying it.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Had to uninstall/install 'Advanced Reset Options' to get it back.
    Removed my patches while it was downloading, now's its validating.
    Hope this is a good update.
    Installed. TouchPad feels a lot snappier, and is significantly faster. Even with logging enabled.
    Camera App is nice! furthermore, i hope patch developers will update fast. I really hate the stock calendar App, and i want ubercalendar back!
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Looks like enough changes were made in Browser and Calendar to break the patches. I get errors when trying to reinstall the Browser ThumbNav and the UberCalendar HD patches.
    Looks like the update killed my TP. =( When I start it up, I get an exclamation mark error. Anyone else experience this, or have any tips before I doctor it? It would really suck to lose everything.
    Hmm patches need to be Uninstalled or no ? How bout over clocking?

sent from my thunderbolt
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast