Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have seen 2 instances of random reboots with my TouchPad updated to 3.0.4.

1. Happened last night when I had just started loading a website, and was trying to use the swipe up gesture, the touchpad flashed a blue screen, was not responding for a while and then just shut down.

2. Happened today, when I connected the charger to my TP, the screen did not respond for a while, and then shut down and restarted itself.

I had removed all the patches and govnah and impostah before I updated, installed the following 4 patches after the update.

Advanced Reset Options
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unthrottle Download Manager

Just wanted to know if any other Forum members have come across any random reboots.
    Hi all,

I am pretty new to this community and to my touchpad as well. First of all thanks a lot to this community members for providing all HP TOUCHPAD users the best guide for everything. I had updated my TP yesterday with webos 3.0.4 and now I am wondering if I can still try to install new Alpha 2 version for Android. Has anyone done this yet?? I did not have previous version of Android before I updated my webos.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    Same here re "Bug Village".
    I got some stern words from my wife about that problem.

I did find a bit of a workaround.

When at the game menu, try touching the screen all over the place for a few seconds (basically pretend you are finger painting). Eventually the menu will come back alive and you can start the game. I am not sure exactly what action is causing the game to start working, but something seems to wake it up.

You have to do this every time you start the game. I am going to try and figure out exactly what triggers it (it may be a certain press on the bezel).
    I don't see it mentioned in here yet. But before updating I uninstalled all Patches and my Glass Effect Suite Theme. After updating I was able to reinstall the Theme with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsm1th View Post
    I have seen 2 instances of random reboots with my TouchPad updated to 3.0.4.

1. Happened last night when I had just started loading a website, and was trying to use the swipe up gesture, the touchpad flashed a blue screen, was not responding for a while and then just shut down.

2. Happened today, when I connected the charger to my TP, the screen did not respond for a while, and then shut down and restarted itself.

I had removed all the patches and govnah and impostah before I updated, installed the following 4 patches after the update.

Advanced Reset Options
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unthrottle Download Manager

Just wanted to know if any other Forum members have come across any random reboots.
    Mine rebooted twice aswell. Once while connected to my computer in usb mode, and another randomly while pulling up an app.
    Also was sluggish when waking up from sleep took several seconds to power up.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I decided to doctor instead of update to remove CM7 and start over. I deleted the CM7 partitions and doctored. CM7 is gone but I noticed some of my webOS files were still there? Everything in the downloads folder is there. My pictures are there. And the add launcher tabs patch was still installed. I have the games and homebrew tabs. Is that normal? There is 4 gigs being used with a fresh install of just webOS. It had to download all my apps again and do the initial first boot setup tho.
    Update fixed the Photos app not to pick up wallpapers. Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubskey View Post
    I decided to doctor instead of update to remove CM7 and start over. I deleted the CM7 partitions and doctored. CM7 is gone but I noticed some of my webOS files were still there? Everything in the downloads folder is there. My pictures are there. And the add launcher tabs patch was still installed. I have the games and homebrew tabs. Is that normal? There is 4 gigs being used with a fresh install of just webOS. It had to download all my apps again and do the initial first boot setup tho.
    I ended up Doctoring my TP twice yesterday, once because I forgot to remove my theme before doing the OTA update and it was causing problems, and again later when my TP locked up totally when I was trying to reinstall a bunch of stuff (something obviously wasn't ready for 3.0.4 yet). Both times all my non WebOS data remained. I think the only way to remove all your data/wipe the TP clean is to do a hard reset as WedOS Doctor doesn't seem to touch anything besides the WebOS folders.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by go_lobos View Post
    Mine rebooted twice aswell. Once while connected to my computer in usb mode, and another randomly while pulling up an app.
    Also was sluggish when waking up from sleep took several seconds to power up.
    I removed the patches, haven't seen any restarts until now, my TouchPad got stuck on the usb symbol once after I installed something using webOS Quick Install, but I am guessing, I did something wrong while disconnecting the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsm1th View Post
    I removed the patches, haven't seen any restarts until now, my TouchPad got stuck on the usb symbol once after I installed something using webOS Quick Install, but I am guessing, I did something wrong while disconnecting the TouchPad.
    For what its worth i can never get my tp to safely eject from my computer, it always give the owwww it hurts message even after im safely removed it from my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by go_lobos View Post
    For what its worth i can never get my tp to safely eject from my computer, it always give the owwww it hurts message even after im safely removed it from my laptop.
    Instead of going to the little icon at the bottom rhs of the Tashbar to release the drive, open (My) Computer, right click on the TouchPad drive and click EJECT. That will release it painlessly.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gassyjoe View Post
    I ended up Doctoring my TP twice yesterday, once because I forgot to remove my theme before doing the OTA update and it was causing problems, and again later when my TP locked up totally when I was trying to reinstall a bunch of stuff (something obviously wasn't ready for 3.0.4 yet). Both times all my non WebOS data remained. I think the only way to remove all your data/wipe the TP clean is to do a hard reset as WedOS Doctor doesn't seem to touch anything besides the WebOS folders.
    The Android was removed fine when I removed the partitions before I doctored. I'm talking about my webOS files. They weren't removed. Isn't that what the dr is suppose to do? Wipe everything. It reinstalled everything but it did it on top of the old because some patches were visible after the install and old files.
    Upgraded yesterday to 3.0.4 and now just randomly rebooted while browsing the web....wonder if the new update broke anything?
    3.0.4 broke my Splashtop.

Worked fine from day one, updated to 3.0.4 and now it wont connect to any of my PCs (2x W7 and 1x XP).
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post

Worked fine from day one, updated to 3.0.4 and now it wont connect to any of my PCs (2x W7 and 1x XP).
    Just tried mine connecting to a laptop on the same network. Didn't have any problems, other than entering the passcode again, which I thought I had already saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post

Same here. I turned off the touchpad and on again, rebooted the router and my PCs and it just got stuck on a black screen saying "connecting to computer". The funny thing is that on the PC's side it says Webos is connected. Then my tp froze up and I rebooted it by pressing power and launch keys for 15 sec. After that splashtop could connect succesfully to my XP computer, but still not my Vista one. Still scratching my head about that one...
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubskey View Post
    The Android was removed fine when I removed the partitions before I doctored. I'm talking about my webOS files. They weren't removed. Isn't that what the dr is suppose to do? Wipe everything. It reinstalled everything but it did it on top of the old because some patches were visible after the install and old files.
    There are two reasons for finding some of your data still present after doctoring it.
    1) some of that data can be stored on the section/partition that is available to you when you hook your TP up as a USB drive. That partition is separate from the OS that is being doctored, so it remains unaffected.
    2) if you sign back into the same HP account, they restore your files and settings as they were the last time they were backed up, which is generally once a day. So the doctor can wipe all that data out, but HP puts it back in unless you open a new account.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well I just did a "Full Erase" from the "Device Info - Reset Options" page. Then did another doctore to be safe and all is well I think. There is 12.5GB of free space after a fresh install and a hand full of apps with no other data on the drive. So its good enough for me. Just anxiously waiting for UberKernel and patches to get updated.
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    I've combed through most of the posts and haven't seen this mentioned..

I don't know if it is new to 3.0.4 or if it was in 3.0.2 and I simply never noticed..

if you're in the browser and you hit the 'share' button (immediately to the right of address bar) and leave the popup menu open - then push the physical home button (bottom of glass) - you will hear a shutter sound and see a flash on the screen - it takes a screenshot and saves it in your 'Photos and Videos' app in a folder named 'Screen Captures'.

thought this was a nice tool that some might not have known about/find handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwil85 View Post
    I've combed through most of the posts and haven't seen this mentioned..

I don't know if it is new to 3.0.4 or if it was in 3.0.2 and I simply never noticed..

if you're in the browser and you hit the 'share' button (immediately to the right of address bar) and leave the popup menu open - then push the physical home button (bottom of glass) - you will hear a shutter sound and see a flash on the screen - it takes a screenshot and saves it in your 'Photos and Videos' app in a folder named 'Screen Captures'.

thought this was a nice tool that some might not have known about/find handy.
    Don't know if that's always been the case but a screen cap feature was always available. Just hold down the home button and push the power button and you take a screen shot.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast