Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 233
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #181  
    While WebOS 3.0.4 is definitely nicer I can't wait for the preware patches to get updated. Trying to reinstall a bunch of stuff without Advanced Reset Options is making me a sadpanda.
  2. #182  
    if I waited for the patch and kernel updates, then do the upgrade, would I still need to reinstall the patches etc?
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDude View Post
    really? thats odd b/c ive always done manual checks, even as early as last week and it told me i had no updates... but just now 3.02.68 notification popped up...
    It seems that a small number of us are getting "3.0.2 68 update available" instead of "3.0.4 77 update available". A couple of people have already reported earlier in this thread that it's really 3.0.4 77 in disguise, so ok. I expect slight amounts of weird when customizing systems. (if I were doing alpha testing I'd expect major amounts of weird but I haven't got that kind of time these days)
  4. #184  
    So, I removed all mu patches, and uninstalled uberkernal, but I left all my homebrew apps, including govnah. Now when I try to load preware it is getting hung up on "Reading Saved Packages" and won't go forward. Anybody else experiencing this? Any thoughts on what I should do to get preware back?
  5. #185  
    will my pre- be able to link sms with the tp?
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    I paired my ADR6300 with the Touchpad and the Touchpad shows that the phone is connected.

    When I try to send a message though, I am prompted to connect a phone.

    Message Can't Be Sent

    A phone must be connected to this device via Bluetooth in order to send a text message.


    So far, no messages have gone out.

    The phone considers the Touchpad to be a Bluetooth headset.

    I just tried to make a phone call.

    I could see the phone dial out and the person I called did receive a call, but we could not hear each other.

    The ADR6300 was sending the audio to the Bluetooth headset, which was the TouchPad.

    Having the same issue with my Samsung Moment.Can pair and connect fine but when I try to text get same message as the poster above.Any help would be appreciated!!!
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuedeGopher View Post
    Oooh, interested in reactions and if there's any overlap with Preware patches...
    completely broke preware, none of the patches work anymore. I should have thought about this earlier before hitting the update button. Waaaah!
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    So, I removed all mu patches, and uninstalled uberkernal, but I left all my homebrew apps, including govnah. Now when I try to load preware it is getting hung up on "Reading Saved Packages" and won't go forward. Anybody else experiencing this? Any thoughts on what I should do to get preware back?
    I did this exact thing (removed patches and kernel) rebooted, and then installed the upgrade.

    Preware hangs exactly the same. However immediately after a boot it seems to work once, but after that it gets hung exactly as you say. For now I have removed it.

    Also my wife plays "Bug Village" and it gets stuck at the main game menu (doesn't seem to accept any clicks).

    I haven't noticed anything else so far.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb_2 View Post
    I did this exact thing (removed patches and kernel) rebooted, and then installed the upgrade.

    Preware hangs exactly the same. However immediately after a boot it seems to work once, but after that it gets hung exactly as you say. For now I have removed it.

    Also my wife plays "Bug Village" and it gets stuck at the main game menu (doesn't seem to accept any clicks).

    I haven't noticed anything else so far.

    Looks like a simple reboot solved my issue. The only thing I notice now is that I see no "patches" section in preware. I checked, and I have the feed set to on... I am assuming that is just because I have to wait until the new patches are ready before they show up in preware. Is that right?
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    will my pre- be able to link sms with the tp?
    No it won't, and neither does mine.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  11. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    Looks like a simple reboot solved my issue. The only thing I notice now is that I see no "patches" section in preware. I checked, and I have the feed set to on... I am assuming that is just because I have to wait until the new patches are ready before they show up in preware. Is that right?
    A reboot did it for me, too, but after a bit, it happened again. The good news is that you can (in preware), using the top-left menu, select "Luna Manager" and then "Restart Luna". It takes a lot less time.

    When I looked, there were two updates...

    Add ThumbNav Controls
    UberKernel (Touchpad)

    he latter is not a patched kernel, but only a placeholder so that you will be notified when an update is available.

    So yes, the patches will likely show up when they become available.
  12. lar3ry's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb_2 View Post
    Also my wife plays "Bug Village" and it gets stuck at the main game menu (doesn't seem to accept any clicks).
    I haven't noticed anything else so far.
    Same here re "Bug Village".
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    No it won't, and neither does mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by lar3ry View Post
    A reboot did it for me, too, but after a bit, it happened again. The good news is that you can (in preware), using the top-left menu, select "Luna Manager" and then "Restart Luna". It takes a lot less time.

    When I looked, there were two updates...

    Add ThumbNav Controls
    UberKernel (Touchpad)

    he latter is not a patched kernel, but only a placeholder so that you will be notified when an update is available.

    So yes, the patches will likely show up when they become available.
    Correct, just give it a day or two. Don't panic. Those of you that are new to webOS, this is the way it has always been on update days. One reason webOS Internals suggests waiting a day or two to update.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  14. 1969bob's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #194  
    ALL RIGHT IT'S IS HERE AT LAST My system is downloading NOW Can't wait to see what
    it will do to my upgrade of 1.5

    will this be the last upgrade? is a good-by from HP ?
  15. funb0b's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #195  
    Is the losing sound fault fixed with this update?
  16. 1969bob's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #196  
    My up date is complete after reboot everything is faster and I noted that my CPU READS
    1.1888 IT WAS 1.5 OVERCLOCK ALL PATCHES ARE OK! spoke to soon
    Last edited by 1969bob; 10/21/2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: to add to post
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dompteur9 View Post
    Same to me: Whats with Uberkernel and Govnah as well with Impostah and this update. Is it working fine or is anybody having problems with it?
    Uberkernal don't work with it yet, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969bob View Post
    ALL RIGHT IT'S IS HERE AT LAST My system is downloading NOW Can't wait to see what
    it will do to my upgrade of 1.5

    will this be the last upgrade? is a good-by from HP ?
    Not as far as I could tell from the "unofficial change log". I didn't bother posting it before, as it's unofficial, and therefore, not necessarily accurate.

    This may also be inaccurate, but this excerpt at the end leads me to believe there will be another update:

    "SDL apps may crash when blitting to or from a NULL surface. The underlying issue has been identified and will be fixed in the next SDK release."

    So take it with a grain (mountain) of salt.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. #199  
    Anyone else taking a battery hit since upgrading to 3.0.4? I went from 61% to 45% overnight, a loss of 16%. Usually I only lose 5% or so max overnight.

    In general, I agree with others: performance is better. Kudos to HP for providing more updates!

    I was able to pair with my Droid X. But I don't think messaging will work. The TP shows in my Bluetooth prefs on the phone as a headset and says "connected to phone audio".. And when I connect on the TP, it says "unable to connect Messaging (MAP) profile".
  20. #200  
    For those that do not understand how patches work...The patches are designed to only work for the current, single webos version. They will check that your phone is on that version before executing the patch code. If you are not on the correct version (like after you update) the patches turn themself off. This also includes UberKernel.

    Many of the patches probably still work, but they will need to be updated by WebosInternals to work with the new OS. It shouldnt be long, as this was a very minor update. So most of the patches should still work without having to be re-written.

    Stop freaking out.


    On another note, I was disappointed to find out that bluetooth calling from my Nexus S 4G did not work. It will pair to the device, but then has an error when I try to call from the Touchpad. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions