Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 2 Post By gvndeb60
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  • 1 Post By geeksquadkid
  1.    #1  
    My Touchpad takes about 1 min 15 sec to boot up. Is that normal? I saw other threads about webOS slow startup but really didn't see if it was normal or not.

Not a big deal, but it has my iPad buddy rolling on the floor saying "just as I expected".
    classy friend. Search around the forums, someone had a thread going on this topic. Seems like I recall reading in that thread about boot times for other pads (maybe including iPads) that weren't too different from the TP. Have you timed your buddy's boot up? You might tell him that a more sophisticated multi-tasking OS will take an extra few seconds to boot up. That's a small price to pay for more features.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Have you timed your buddy's boot up? You might tell him that a more sophisticated multi-tasking OS will take an extra few seconds to boot up. That's a small price to pay for more features.
    No, but my wife's iPad2 is pretty quick. ~20 sec.

No biggie to me though. Just wanted to make sure it's normal.
    That's where the extra weight of the TouchPad comes in handy.....I'll leave you to your own devices to interpret that

To answer your question, it's about normal.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    My TP boots in about 40-50 seconds, whereas my Motorola Xoom with Android Honeycomb boots in about 60-80 seconds.
    Still much quicker than Sprint Palm Pre.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Can more of you who have an iPad or iPad2 tell us your cold boot times? So far, we have one listed as 20 seconds. I thought I had read in another thread more like a minute.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    thats why i dont turn mine off except maybe once a day. most of the time i just leave it on/hibernate.
    IDK, never really thought about it because the only time I reboot my TouchPad is when I install a kernel, OS update and with Preware I just do Luna restarts that are pretty quick.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    takes about a day to boot..oh wait it still hasnt started
    Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Still much quicker than Sprint Palm Pre.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Ive met up with another touchpad user at my school and he complained about boot up time. I took out my pre and did a full boot up. We lost track somewhere after 3 mins. He hasnt complained since
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

sledge007 likes this.