1.    #1  
    All,
    I just bought a brand new 64gb white unicorn HP touchpad and after installing Govnah with no OC patches it reads "Palm Default" profile and reads 1.188...what the heck is up with this??? It reads the same as my 32 gb and I thought these were clocked at 1.5 out of the box..the other interesting thing is it reads to have the "F" classification battery and I thought all of these had the "S" battery...any thoughts??? Any of you other white owners have this issue?
    Interesting.
    Could it have first OTA updated to WebOS 3.0.2 and self-installed the Palm default 1.18 kernel as a result??

Crank it up!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Could it have first OTA updated to WebOS 3.0.2 and self-installed the Palm default 1.18 kernel as a result??

Crank it up!
    Nope, it was like one of my black 32s and came already updated to 3.02. I am really bothered that this has the standard profile or could Govnah somehow be screwed up or wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by c_dubbs View Post
    Nope, it was like one of my black 32s and came already updated to 3.02. I am really bothered that this has the standard profile or could Govnah somehow be screwed up or wrong?
    Hhmmm.. is Govnah giving you any processor speed options?
    If not, install the stable & faster 'Uberkernel' profile to get you to 1.5Ghz?

Look.. as I understand it anyway, the bog standard '1.2Ghz' TP carries exactly the same Qualcomm Processor as the revved up White '1.5Ghz' TP does.. it is built to run optimally at 1.5Ghz and was deliberately underclocked originally for reasons best known to HP (most likely simply to give them some subsequent 'up-marketing' ability in later models.. ie. YOURS!).

Crank it up!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/17/2011 at 08:42 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Hhmmm.. is Govnah giving you any processor speed options?

Look.. as I understand it anyway, the bog standard '1.2Ghz' TP carries exactly the same Qualcomm Processor as the revved up White '1.5Ghz' TP does.. it is build to run at 1.5Ghz and was deliberately underclocked originally for reasons best known to HP (most likely simply to give them some up-marketing ability).

Crank it up!
    Oh yeah, no problems there with cranking it up with the warthog..just bothered by advertising one thing and having another...doesn´t make any sense...it was supposed to be 1.5 out of the box.
    Oh yeah, no problems there with cranking it up with the warthog..just bothered by advertising one thing and having another...doesn´t make any sense...it was supposed to be 1.5 out of the box.
    Cool.. and understandable.. perhaps however, we are getting more used to the probability that what HP says.. and what turns out to be the actual reality are often two rather different things!!

Well.. I don't know Govnah well enough to know whether it could also get confused.. but hopefully all your hardware is actually A1 OK!

8.    #8  
    Here is another note...even better...I called HP tech support...the guy tried to argue with me that they didn´t have such a product..then I gave him the model number and asked what the cpu speed was...put me on hold and came back 5 min later..."this is an unreleased product and we have not been trained on it." ***???
    Here is another note...even better...I called HP tech support...the guy tried to argue with me that they didn´t have such a product..then I gave him the model number and asked what the cpu speed was...put me on hold and came back 5 min later..."this is an unreleased product and we have not been trained on it." ***???
    CLASSIC!

Unless you really DO have the only White 64Gb 1.18Ghz TP in existance!
    That makes it even rarer than hen's teeth!

Ha.. the TP's sold on the open market with Qualcomm's version of 'Android' already on them, were probably 'unreleased product' too!

Crank!
  10.    #10  
    Ok, another brainstorm here...I copied my Hp webOS account credentials over to the Unicorn from my black 32 so I could keep my apps...do you think it is somehow possible it copied the CPU kernel/profile??? I actually spoke with a very nice lady today from HP...I contacted customer support the other day and it was classic non-english reading this time..I was having an issue with Webdoctor and could´t get it to install on my Mac...I had a terrible experience trying to bridge languages and cultures on top of issue explanation and when I got the email for a survey..I hacked them up real good. Lady called me today and wanted to know how she could help and if I resolved my issue....good experience..really it was...she advised me to use same account credentials...I am just curious if that was what it was...profile copied everything including kernel speed...stock I guess...the other variable is I am running warthog on that other tp and had it at stock speed for the moment.
  11.    #11  
    I have the solution...I went and "saw the doctor" and reset to stock and created a new profile and indeed..it is clocked at 1.5..copying my profile from my black tp changed the clock speed..who would a thunk it??
    I have the solution...I went and "saw the doctor" and reset to stock and created a new profile and indeed..it is clocked at 1.5..copying my profile from my black tp changed the clock speed..who would a thunk it??
    Wow, that's interesting and should not be happening. I'm certain you are not the only one now.

Someone should tell the folks at HP's webOS group about this. . On second thought, would that even do any good?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    hi,

Q. Would or is it possible to overclock the white touchpad so it surpasses the default?

I was reading white touchpad review and would be interesting to see if possible.

The fact that the older black TouchPads can be brought on par with the processing speed of the White TouchPad somewhat diminishes the value proposition of the more powerful processor. Then again, if the black TouchPad processors were binned for being able to achieve a minimum of 1.2Ghz, then it stands to reason that the 1.5GHz top on the White TouchPad is the minimum performance level of that bin of APQ8060s. It’s entirely reasonable to assume that these TouchPads are capable of being overclocked beyond that threshold and far beyond the capabilities of the lowly 1.2GHz chips.

thanks,
    Paul
    fyi: just saw that 3 white touchpad remain on amazon.co.UK HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (64GB, White): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (64GB, White)
    by Hewlett Packard
    Be the first to review this item Like (16)
    RRP: £569.83
    Price: £306.00
    You Save: £263.83 (46%)
    In stock.
    Dispatched from and sold by Technoworld Plc.
    3*new*from*£269.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    fyi: just saw that 3 white touchpad remain on amazon.co.UK
    Item not available for dispatch to your selected destination (US)...just thought I'd check and see what the price was in US dollars.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_D View Post
    hi,

Q. Would or is it possible to overclock the white touchpad so it surpasses the default?

I was reading white touchpad review and would be interesting to see if possible.

The fact that the older black TouchPads can be brought on par with the processing speed of the White TouchPad somewhat diminishes the value proposition of the more powerful processor. Then again, if the black TouchPad processors were binned for being able to achieve a minimum of 1.2Ghz, then it stands to reason that the 1.5GHz top on the White TouchPad is the minimum performance level of that bin of APQ8060s. It’s entirely reasonable to assume that these TouchPads are capable of being overclocked beyond that threshold and far beyond the capabilities of the lowly 1.2GHz chips.

thanks,
    Paul
    Yes, I have overclocked with Warthog and can run at stock 1512 or 1782 I think it is. No issues or instabilities.
    I hope this is not the case. I have two TP's one with Preware and all the goodies, the other is stock. Both use the same profile, but show up separetly when I login.

Also, it could be that I just don't understand what coping the profile actually is.