1.    #1  
    Ok, I was trying to sideload some .mobi books using calibre. I have done this manually before and it worked. After using Calibre now my app just opens to the blue kindle screen with the kid reading under the tree. I have checked to verify show all books is checked and still see nothing. Tried a Reboot also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired4Speed View Post
    Ok, I was trying to sideload some .mobi books using calibre. I have done this manually before and it worked. After using Calibre now my app just opens to the blue kindle screen with the kid reading under the tree. I have checked to verify show all books is checked and still see nothing. Tried a Reboot also.
    Most likely you will need to deregister and register the device in Kindle if the menu is accessible otherwise uninstall and re-install Kindle. You will need to download your Amazon purchased books again and you will need to import sideloaded books again.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. I was able to get this going last night. I wiped everything from the .palmkindle folders and uninstalled kindle app then downloaded from the catalog to reinstall from scratch. I could then see the books that were synced. I then used calibre again and the kindle import preware app to import the books.
    Had this same problem just now. De-registering and registering again solved my problem.
    Sighs, this just gets worse and worse.........

How long should it take to degister?
    I did not have the menu so I deleted both kindle apps
    as i now install the amazon kindle first, it says

"Deregistering device

The application was closed before this device was deregistered. Please Wait while your device finishes the deregistration process"

20 mins later i still see this window and nothing else.....

I assume it should have done this already?
    I tried to get rid of it but it takes me back to install and this process again....
    Two Luna Restarts and its finally kicked it out ;-(
    if you are going to delete books ,make sure the book was not left open last time you used kindle or else you will need to de/re register.
    kindle tries to open the book that was last open and if that book is no longer there it will get stuck
    FINALLY!!!!! That was very frustrating. Have been trying to get this back up ad working properly for hours, on and off.

One of the things i find very difficult in this forum is that there are SO many threads on the Kindle and how to get ebooks on to it with many that are now out of date. Trying to find answers becomes a huge waste of time reading things that are out of date.

Perhaps not so much for TP users who have been at this a long time or developers but for the average user.

I would think some of the Kindle older threads should be archived and only the most recent showing. I believe it would make life a lot easier for the rest of us trying to use the latest information.
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer_420 View Post
    if you are going to delete books ,make sure the book was not left open last time you used kindle or else you will need to de/re register.
    kindle tries to open the book that was last open and if that book is no longer there it will get stuck
    Thanks for this.
    Another tip, after the 3.0.5 OS upgrade, my Kindle app took somewhere around 30 minutes to start (it has about 300 books in it), just sitting at the blue screen. After that, it only takes a few seconds. I think it may have had to rebuild a database or something..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: