1.    #1  
    Is there a way to find out if HP sold me a refurbed TP as new? mine has some marks that look like they are made by the tool used to open the case on the plastic case at several spots around the TP where the case and screen come together. I could not get any pictures that showed it, but they are clearly visible by the naked eye.
    I would just call support
    hey hey. i actually just got mine from smb and it doesn't seem new either. chip on plastic, light scratch on screen and glass sticking out.
    Companies can not sell you a used or refurbished item unless they specifically state the item is in that condition upon sale. Since HP sold these as new, by law the item has to be.
    OH this is not good! I have read of some people having the same experience with TPs recently purchased from OnSale, and so I started a thread about that. What an even bigger mess this is going to turn into if -HP is actually shipping refurbished items to customers and retailers, but claiming they are new. I have two TPs that were just shipped to me. I already bought a demo model TP that had scratches - Fortunately, other than those scratches, the things has no other cosmetic problems - and works fine. If it turns out that these stories keep surfacing about seemingly used products being sold as new, this is going to turn into a major problem for HP and even more headaches for customers who have waited a much as two months for NEW products for which they paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadTimmy View Post
    hey hey. i actually just got mine from smb and it doesn't seem new either. chip on plastic, light scratch on screen and glass sticking out.
    oh this is some serious bull****, and how wants to spend time fighting and WAITING again for the correct product!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I bought a New Sealed Unopen box Touchpad 4G. When I open it, it looks like the screen has been opened by the tool also becaue there are chips on the platic, and the rubber seal is not aligned properly. I called HP support, it informed me that Touchpad 4G is not a released item. It does not have any warranty? ***? I will try to call again tomorrow to know if this is true. Other then that, the touchpad works fine.