1.    #1  
    dear friends, I am new to HP touchpad and webOS, 2 weeks ago I bought my touchpad(32gb model) from ebay, hav some issues with my touchpad battery, I noticed that I cn run my TP with fully charged battery for like nearly 5 to 6 hours with mostly browsing and time to time watching few short video clips on YouTube...few days ago I hav downloaded dr.battery and test it..according to dr. Battery;

battery health is 95%
    manufacturing rating 6612mah
    calculated left 6281mah

then I fully charged the battery and run the dr.battery, and found out
    eventhough "battery state" in the Dr.battery shows charge is 100%,
    "capacity left" after fully charged was,

* 14 October 5380mah

* 15 October 5467mah ..

those values are not even closer to the " either manufacturing rating of 6612mah or
    calculated left 6281mah " according to dr.battery, cn somebody pls explain me.

pls. Let me know what shall I do to increase my battery power and to get the best out of it, as people say they cn run it for 8 hours with fully video looping..I am bit confused here, as I am new to webOS and touchpads...but I have installed preware and some patches on it...only patches not overclocking,
    these are the patches that I have installed,
    * Muffle System Logging
    * Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    * Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    * Unthrottle Download Manager
    * Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    * Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness
    Last edited by murshid11; 10/16/2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Keep your brightness to the minimum acceptable level. This is one of the highest causes for battery drain for me. There's a huge difference between 0 and 50%, even more so with 100%. I can usually get 10 hours with constant .mp3 playing, through an aux jack, and light/moderate surfing, at minimum brightness.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Keep your brightness to the minimum acceptable level. This is one of the highest causes for battery drain for me. There's a huge difference between 0 and 50%, even more so with 100%. I can usually get 10 hours with constant .mp3 playing, through an aux jack, and light/moderate surfing, at minimum brightness.
    I normally keep the screen brightness 50% to 75% ,do you hav any idea about the battery capacity levels that I was talking about? If so pls explain me cos I am worried that my battery is not upto the standard level.
    Sorry, maybe ask somline. He made Dr. Battery.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sorry, maybe ask somline. He made Dr. Battery.
    could you pls tell me how can I send a message to somline or to find him, because in the forum I cn see his posts but there is no option to send a message to him..tnx
    Search elsewhere on the forums please. This case of TouchPads shipped with two different battery capacities has been discussed in detail earlier.