1.    #1  
    Using a Hp TouchPad I am having trouble viewing a divx movie.I dropped it onto the Tp usb drive,unmounted the usb drive,luna restarted the Tp,and the movie viewer app that shipped
    with the unit. will not find it or play it . It sees all my music,but not the movie.
    The TouchPad does not natively support the format you are trying to use. You've got two options:
    1) Reencode your video files to something that the TouchPad can natively play
    2) Go into the App Catalog and buy/download KalemSoft Media Player
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I'm not sure if "touchplayer" in preware will play this format but worth a shot since it's free. I did however purchase Kalemsoft media player and it's definitely worth the $6.xx if you watch videos on TP.
    Another vote for Kalemsoft Media Player ... plays any format you throw at it. Try it first for a week and see whether it is good enough for you. For the trial download the media player *.ipk file from their website (KalemSoft - Products) and follow the instructions posted http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/docs/wqi.txt to install it on your Touchpad using WebOS Quick Install tool
    Is there a quick guide to "usb dropping a movie into the tp" I do have Kalemsoft. I don't have a pc but can use a friends pc. I have preware and all the tp patches and subsequent preware software.
    Thanks!
    @shanpalm61,

Pretty simple ...
    1) Plug in your USB cable that came with the Touchpad to the computers USB port and the other end to the bottom of your Touchpad
    2) Click on the USB notification that pops up when you do the connection
    3) View the pop up on the computer to view the files on the Touchpad
    4) Create a new folder called "Movies" on the Touchpad
    5) Drag & Drop your movie file to the "Movies" folder you created in Step 4
    Has anyone else had trouble updating the TouchPlayer on the TP? I turned on my TP today and I checked for any updates as usual and I noticed there was an update to the TouchPlayer so I proceeded to download and install it but all I get is the circle in the middle of the screen and it just keeps turning and turning and turning...I getting dizzy just typing about it. Anyhow I quit out of it and tried to update it again hours later and I'm still getting the same results. It seems to download the update but then it just goes to never never land and doesn't install it.

Any suggestions or has anyone else had this issue with this update...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by g-dog View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble updating the TouchPlayer on the TP? I turned on my TP today and I checked for any updates as usual and I noticed there was an update to the TouchPlayer so I proceeded to download and install it but all I get is the circle in the middle of the screen and it just keeps turning and turning and turning...I getting dizzy just typing about it. Anyhow I quit out of it and tried to update it again hours later and I'm still getting the same results. It seems to download the update but then it just goes to never never land and doesn't install it.

Thanks
    I'm having the same problem.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad

Thanks
    g-dog

if you goto the touchplayer homepage, there is instructions there telling you how to download the update, worked for me.
  10.    #10  
    Kalemsoft ftw.

Thanks

Here's the link where you'll find how to download TouchPlayer by either downloading from the dev's website or by adding his feed to Preware: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...player-11.html