1.    #1  
    If anyone is planning on upgrading their ubuntu partition from natty to oneiric, do not upgrade from within the installed chroot application. I ended up with a partially upgraded installation with libraries that were mixed and could not do anything right. I had to clear out the partition and start over. Wait until the new release is available in preware unless you are a seriously advanced linux user.
  2. pml
    If anyone is planning on upgrading their ubuntu partition from natty to oneiric, do not upgrade from within the installed chroot application. I ended up with a partially upgraded installation with libraries that were mixed and could not do anything right. I had to clear out the partition and start over. Wait until the new release is available in preware unless you are a seriously advanced linux user.
    Thanks for the information!

I would be greatly interested in running Oneiric's unity-2d, as it is more tablet optimized than LXDE or XFCE.
    Gnome-shell of unity (3d) would be even better, but I guess, they won't run...
    Thanks I had hoped someone would try.
    i updates to 11.10 with no problems. none. even scala now works.
    so ymmv
    Hopefully the chroot is updated soon. I love Unity on my desktop and really want to try it on my tablet! I can also run KDE Plasma Active One then (the tablet-version WIP of KDE).
    Ahem, I launched a discussion thread here (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...on-thread.html) a few days ago, if anyone is interested, and I point out what works and what doesn't. It would help me if someone has some solution to my problems...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner