Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Some have suggested that the TouchPad serial number indicates build date (5CL125 = year 2011, week 25). If so, do the last-run TouchPads have "week 30+" serial numbers? It would be interesting to note whether build quality could be determined by SN.
    IF so, I have 32Gb, 'week 24' and solid as a rock.
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/17/2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have week 16, with the cracks at the speaker openings :-(
    Week 27, 16GB and flawless.
    Last edited by chatoyant; 10/16/2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Week 26.
    Works like a boss.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Week 39, just got it Thursday. Build quality seems perfect so far.
    A 64Gb, week 33 and 2 cracks but repaired by HP
    my theory is that the cracks are concentrated more to the 32gb than the 16gb
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    my theory is that the cracks are concentrated more to the 32gb than the 16gb
    Were more 32GB produced than 16GB?
    I don't think so, it just seems that more 32gb owners report cracks.
    Yea I think 32 had more build issues don't know why, j have had 2x16 and 3x32 ANC had 2 bui,d issues on the 32 like back issues, glass not flush , pixel dead

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    my theory is they built all 16gb first, and toward the end they got a bad batch of plastic, which carried over to a large qty of 32gb
    i r 32gb early adoptorz and mines got zero issues, i doubt there will be enough volume of people adding their details to make any kind of useful comparison tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    Some have suggested that the TouchPad serial number indicates build date (5CL125 = year 2011, week 25). If so, do the last-run TouchPads have "week 30+" serial numbers? It would be interesting to note whether build quality could be determined by SN.
    I have a 32gb week 21 and it was just sent in for repair of a speaker crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    IF so, I have 'week 24' and solid as a rock.
    same here and working great !
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    Mine says serial #5CL1990 so what year and week is that? Its a 32 and purchased at Staples. No cracks no flaws except one tiny pixel that fills in after a couple minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    Just got my TP from SMB and it is a 32gb week 38. So far no cracks.
    Two 32GB TPs:
    Week 19, hard to see speaker cracks.
    Week 25, easy to see speaker cracks, large crack at headphone jack, uneven home button lighting, dead pixel.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've got a week 25 32G that Is flawless so far. Got it in the QVC bundle 'bout a week after the fire sale date. I just gave my sister the 16G ordered direct from HP on 8/21' SN unknown, but I noticed that the home button seems sketchy. It was not level, protruding on the left in portrait and recessed on the right.
    I have a 32GB, week 17. I have a crack on the left speaker extending from the speaker's mesh to the glass, and there's a bit of backlight bleeding on the side of the left speaker, as well. I think the bleeding and crack are related--there's a bit of torsion putting pressure on that corner. I've noticed if I twist the touchpad in landscape mode, the bleeding gets much worse.
    richwoods likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast