Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bvbull200
  1.    #1  
    I have two touchpads reaching me (in India) after a long wait. One was ordered from Amazon before the fire sale and another during the firesale from NewEgg. Both of them are 16 GB units.

My friend who's bringing both of them, has removed them from the boxes, and bringing them with the HP folio cases on.

Any idea, how I can identify which ones are from where, once I get them?

I see that I can get their serial #s from the SIM card tray, but both Amazon's and Newegg's invoices, do not mention them.
    It should be under Device Info on the settings tab. Tap More info and it should give you the Model #, *maybe* you might be able to go from there.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How about some colorful stickers??
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Why does it matter? Put different wallpaper on them

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    you won't be able to tell if the invoices don't have it. Should have put the sn from each box in with each device when he packed them... Noting which came from each source.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Why does it matter? Put different wallpaper on them

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    In case it needs to be returned for some reason :dunno:
    sara.ramli likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your suggestions. There was a new thread elsewhere which suggested that the serial # actually suggests the week of manufacture.

I am assuming that the one that I bought from Amazon in early August should have an earlier week number, compared to the Newegg one, bought in early September. Let's see.