Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is purely a love letter for the Touchpad. I've had the device for a week now and I'm absolutely obsessed with it. I've never owned a WebOS device before and have not followed any news about the pre pre plus or pixie, and to tell the truth wasn't interested much in the ad campaign for the touchpad. After breakfast with a friend a few weeks ago he told me his company had secured a number of these for their work at home employees at an unbelievable price. He wasn't interested but I was and he ordered it for me. 2 weeks later I had it in my grubby hands. I've played with many of the top tablets and some of them are really great, but after this past week I feel nothing else on the market can touch it. Of course I researched every hidden trick, mod, tweak whatever and have tried them all save the cm7 recent alpha release for the WebOS/Android dual boot. I will wait for a stable release for sure. Anyways what can I say that others haven't said about this tablet. Its very smooth in operation. The keyboard is fast reliable and well laid out. The card system of app handling is convenient and novel, fun even. The look of the OS and color choices are very clean. The available apps are sparse but the few that are there seem to be of high quality. The browser which isn't without its shortcomings is far superior to any other presented on any other tab bar none. With incredible flash support out of the box it almost like I have my desktop or laptop in my hands where ever I go. I can't believe the fate of this terrific tablet. I don't think I could be more satisfied. Of course I never would expect perfection from the youngest sector of the electronics market, but dang its close enough. HP touchpad IMHO is a winner.
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    I agree!
    2 day use of my new TouchPad, I found the keyboard somehow less responsive, really annoying. Performance issue is the biggest problem on TouchPad, I found WebOS 3.x surely haven't matured yet.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    You it the nail on the head!
    I got a TP at the fire sale. . .

I liked it. . . tweaked it. . . was enjoying it. . .

week two. . . cracks in the speaker.

start seeing light bleeding through the screen

week three. . . light bleeding is getting worse. . .

send tablet in to be fixed

about 10 days later I get back my TouchPad

cracks fixed

screen is not fixed

screen is actually worse

device now has lots of give to the screen causing artifacts when pressed firmly

send it back for a replacement

three weeks later I get a replacement

sounds squishy. . . don't trust the TouchPad quality any more

sold TouchPad
    Cool, sad story bro.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    its true that the built quality sucks. I jus recently got mine replaced and the speaker grill of my replacement set are rusty.. I'm convinced that I'm using someone else's reject!

I stil love webos, if not for using android for 1 yr, I wouldn't know hw much I love webos..
    I must be living right! I've had my 32gb for about 2 months and have had no issues (except self inflicted ones). I liked it so much I bought another 32gb from eBay and gave it to my daughter. Both pads are oc'd to 1.5, with a lot of tweaks, and both are running flawlessly (cross my fingers and hope I don't jinx them).
    i've had my 32gb TP since july 1st - no issues here either. Just got 4 of my firesale TPs from HP last week, been using one quite a bit past couple days no issues on it either. At least 2 of the remaining 3 TPs won't get opened till xmas so don't know how they will be the last one I don't know what to do with yet. Have another 16GB coming from HP soon, considering canceling it because I won't know what to do with it either.
    Despite the perceived shortage of apps, I seem to have more installed and/or bookmarked for future reference on the TP than on my Android tablet.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I must be really lucky. Had mine over a month, and use it daily. no crack, no sound going out, no horrible color bleed, no backlight issues, everything perfect.

either that or only people who have issues complain about it in the forum and people with no issues keep quiet lol
    I've had my 32 GB Touchpad for 3 weeks and i've kept it always in the case i havent noticed any cracks or any problems at all.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i've had my 32gb TP since july 1st - no issues here either. Just got 4 of my firesale TPs from HP last week, been using one quite a bit past couple days no issues on it either. At least 2 of the remaining 3 TPs won't get opened till xmas so don't know how they will be the last one I don't know what to do with yet. Have another 16GB coming from HP soon, considering canceling it because I won't know what to do with it either.
    I would gladly take the 16GB off your hands. PM me with your asking price if you are interested.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    ccirulli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    I must be really lucky. Had mine over a month, and use it daily. no crack, no sound going out, no horrible color bleed, no backlight issues, everything perfect.

either that or only people who have issues complain about it in the forum and people with no issues keep quiet lol
    I think it is 'proportional' yes. Mine has been excellent since out of the box nearly two months ago.. no hardware issues at all.

There must be many, many thousands of units that are just fine.. perhaps 'Quality Control' had a bad couple of weeks at the factory at some point?

Same here, I've had my TouchPad now for 3 1/2 months and loving it more everyday. Overclocked and tweaked thanks to the awesome homebrew community and webOS Internals to my liking. Thousands and thousands of happy Touchpad owners out there in the silent majority with solid built units and are discovering what a wonderful OS webOS is.
    pre4 likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    2 day use of my new TouchPad, I found the keyboard somehow less responsive, really annoying. Performance issue is the biggest problem on TouchPad, I found WebOS 3.x surely haven't matured yet.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    performance compared to what? Maybe you should look into some of the performance boosts found on this site for the TP. There are quite a few things you can do to change your experience.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TPwebOS820 View Post
    I got a TP at the fire sale. . .

I liked it. . . tweaked it. . . was enjoying it. . .

week two. . . cracks in the speaker.

start seeing light bleeding through the screen

week three. . . light bleeding is getting worse. . .

send tablet in to be fixed

about 10 days later I get back my TouchPad

cracks fixed

screen is not fixed

screen is actually worse

device now has lots of give to the screen causing artifacts when pressed firmly

send it back for a replacement

three weeks later I get a replacement

sounds squishy. . . don't trust the TouchPad quality any more

sold TouchPad
    Wow you have had some bad luck for sure. With every product there will be some bad apples. My TP is so solid in the areas you mentioned. I hope you find a product that you can be happy with.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chicle View Post
    I must be living right! I've had my 32gb for about 2 months and have had no issues (except self inflicted ones). I liked it so much I bought another 32gb from eBay and gave it to my daughter. Both pads are oc'd to 1.5, with a lot of tweaks, and both are running flawlessly (cross my fingers and hope I don't jinx them).
    My son found a TP selling on craigslist for more than the fire sale price and is tickled pink with it too. I guess we're all living right. See you in TP heaven.
    Last edited by Boof69; 10/16/2011 at 07:18 AM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    PM me if you want to sell one. The wife wants one.
    ccirulli likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    This is the home of the happy Touchpad Zombies....in a way..this is heaven.

Using the TP more and more every day.

I have an iPad too, but can hardly bother to even try out the new features in iOS 5, which still seem to be playing catch-up to webOS 3.0.2

Didn't expect to like the TP so much.

Now regret that HP has pulled the rug out of webOS development.

Here's Hoping Jeff Bezos and Jon Rubinstein get the webOS hand off and run up the score.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast