Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #21  
    amen!
    Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll stop eating your fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I think it is 'proportional' yes. Mine has been excellent since out of the box nearly two months ago.. no hardware issues at all.

There must be many, many thousands of units that are just fine.. perhaps 'Quality Control' had a bad couple of weeks at the factory at some point?

Those of us who consider ourselves lucky get it exactly wrong. I have seen it reported that the TouchPad is seeing a defect rate of 3%, meaning that if you accept the 1 million devices sold number that there are roughly 30,000 defective units. We're much more likely to see posts from people that have experienced issues than not. Those of us with properly working TouchPads are by far in the majority rather than simply being lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boof69 View Post
    Wow you have had some bad luck for sure. With every product there will be some bad apples. My TP is so solid in the areas you mentioned. I hope you find a product that you can be happy with.
    yep, that's why I sold it. You never know when you are going to be the one who gets the bad luck run with a device. . . just seemed like I shouldn't hang on to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Those of us who consider ourselves lucky get it exactly wrong. I have seen it reported that the TouchPad is seeing a defect rate of 3%, meaning that if you accept the 1 million devices sold number that there are roughly 30,000 defective units. We're much more likely to see posts from people that have experienced issues than not. Those of us with properly working TouchPads are by far in the majority rather than simply being lucky.
    I think HP's problems with hardware are being compounded by the repair facility. There's several threads where people have gotten their TouchPad back not fixed or in worse condition than when they sent it in. Not to mention that communication from the repair facility seems to be horrible--both for the customer and customer service.

It's one thing for the device to be defective and need repair--that's part of life with tech gadgets. It's a whole other issue when the repair facility makes the situation worse. If I had gotten mine repaired properly the first time and it came back looking & functioning like new, I would have kept it.

So, in essence the repair facility made me a non-webOS customer. Nice job guys
    Love my TP, got it along with 3 others from HP firesale. I homebrewed all 4 and they all work great no problems, no cracks, screens just fine, no loose pieces, sound is good. My son and daughter also have them, all homebrewed and the same applies for them no problems. I use mine daily for music, reading books, surfing the web, reading the precentral forums, watching movies and tv programs I have downloaded from my laptop, and playing games. (Oh, a side note Splashtop is great, can play pogo game using it to access my laptop.) I will wait for the beta of cm7.

Only problem I currently have is with HP's third party billing for apps. HP has been working on it for over 3 weeks now and still not resolved. I also have found out the WebOS Butler personal don't know as much about TP as the should to support, always try to blame problems on TP, network, and user. They don't listen when you explain what is going on, and ofcourse NO problem could be because of something on the HP level.

As long as the Homebrew community is around and I can stay away from HP support I am a happy camper with TP and will continue to use daily.

May the Touchpad live long and prosper.
    pre4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I have had no issues. Had it since the fire sale weekend. No problems. I will try the dual boot cm7 , but will wait until the other guy use it for awhile.

I basically use mine around the house. Took it out once and got a few glances by onlookers. Sorry but no iPad over here.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12