Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By WyreNut
  • 1 Post By dectech
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I know there have been threads before this one but the most recent one died in september. I am trying to use a droid running miui to tether the HP touchpad. When I run xecutah the only option it gives me is xterm so when I try to run xserver nothing happens. Also, I have tried open garden enabling access control but that does not work either. When I use the normal wireless tether app my laptop connects and finds it just fine but it has to be in ad hoc mode. So when I run in ad hoc of course touchpad does not get along with that. Does anyone actually know how to get the touchpad to support ad hoc or anything I can do? THanks
    I know there have been threads before this one but the most recent one died in september. I am trying to use a droid running miui to tether the HP touchpad. When I run xecutah the only option it gives me is xterm so when I try to run xserver nothing happens. Also, I have tried open garden enabling access control but that does not work either. When I use the normal wireless tether app my laptop connects and finds it just fine but it has to be in ad hoc mode. So when I run in ad hoc of course touchpad does not get along with that. Does anyone actually know how to get the touchpad to support ad hoc or anything I can do? THanks
    Which kernel have you got installed on your Touchpad?

Have you read the guidance in this thread?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3159917

I'm reading in these forums about varied experiences for getting an ad hoc WiFi connection set up for the TouchPad

I've been using my TouchPad on the road with an ad-hoc WiFi connection without issue

See my post here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3185836

Also, read this thread here for further guidance:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post17557096
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnyewest View Post
    Great Community. The community here is almost as great as the touchpad itself. Which was a waste of every dollar I spent on it. Not even worth the 99$ I paid for it. I like webOS but there will never be anything for it. It can not support Ad-hoc, netflix, slingplayer and has no apps. You can bla bla bla all day about how your netflix works using orb or some crappy remote desktop that looks awful. I hate to see webOS just not be used but I'd rather have an android table that does everything than webos that does nothing. Good Chat.
    buh-bye
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Great Community. <long-winded whining deleted>.
    I'd be glad to take it off your hands for $100 plus shipping! Since you're so sure it can't do anything, I'm assuming it's hardly used, and still in good shape!

PM me ASAP so we can both be happy! I'll have another device I'm thrilled to use, and you'll be rid of it with a profit.

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    dectech and ArchonAdvisors like this.
    WyreNut: Glad you responded to Carnyewest. He joined in October 2011....He, clearly was expecting something different than what he bought. Two weeks (at most) is not enought time to experence the TP or Forums. Better he sell his TP, donate it to developers, or something usefull. He can take the 99.00 add 400 to it and buy what he really wanted.

I retired from HP (DEC/Compaq/HP) after 30 years. I have to say that these Forums are the best I've been a member of.

Dectech
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    i've been using this on my epic to tether to my touchpad

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

free, works, simple. now i hope this helps other people and that carnyewest has sold his touchpad and moved on to what he thinks are greener pastures.
    Great Community. The community here is almost as great as the touchpad itself. Which was a waste of every dollar I spent on it. Not even worth the 99$ I paid for it. I like webOS but there will never be anything for it. It can not support Ad-hoc, netflix, slingplayer and has no apps. You can bla bla bla all day about how your netflix works using orb or some crappy remote desktop that looks awful. I hate to see webOS just not be used but I'd rather have an android table that does everything than webos that does nothing. Good Chat.
    Whaaaa!

Better yet, put your money where your mouth is and sell me your worthless Touchpad for 50 bucks shipped. PM me to iron out the details. Good thing you've got a pal like me to help you cut your losses, eh?