1.    #1  
    I called HP to send my touchpad in for repair. The case was scuffed up around the speakers out of the box and there was lint under the touchscreen. I was sent 2 boxes a couple of days later. I don't know why I was sent 2 boxes. I used one of the boxes and sent the touchpad in for repair. The repair center received it on October 7th. I kept checking the repair status online and it kept stating they were awaiting the device. I know the repair center received the touchpad because I kept the tracking number from the label I used to send it in. I called Customer Support yesterday and was told they still don't have it. I explained to them that I have proof they have the touchpad. I was told that someone called me and left a message that I wasn't supposed to use the first box since the order for repair was not put in correctly. I never received a phone call or an e-mail. However, I received two boxes. How was I supposed to know which box to use? I was told that the service order was cancelled for the first box and that a new repair order was created. Of course, I used the box that was tied to the cancelled order. So when the repair center received my touchpad, there was not a service order number attached to it. I was told that it was unidentified and in the repair center somewhere.

The repair center is aware that they have my touchpad and have to look for it. I have been assured that it was not lost. I am not holding my breath. I spoke to a manager and apparently a new service order was generated and they are in the process of looking for my touchpad. I was told to expect a delay. I told the manager that this was not acceptable. I sent my touchpad in for repair and they cannot find it. I was assured that since I sent in a touchpad if they cannot find it, they will send me a touchpad back. I cannot believe the level of customer service that is being provided to me. I am going to call back in next week. If they haven't found my touchpad by then, I am going to insist that they next day me a replacement touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I called HP to send my touchpad in for repair. The case was scuffed up around the speakers out of the box and there was lint under the touchscreen. I was sent 2 boxes a couple of days later. I don't know why I was sent 2 boxes. I used one of the boxes and sent the touchpad in for repair. The repair center received it on October 7th. I kept checking the repair status online and it kept stating they were awaiting the device. I know the repair center received the touchpad because I kept the tracking number from the label I used to send it in. I called Customer Support yesterday and was told they still don't have it. I explained to them that I have proof they have the touchpad. I was told that someone called me and left a message that I wasn't supposed to use the first box since the order for repair was not put in correctly. However, I received two boxes. How was I supposed to know which box to use. Anyway, I was told that the service order was cancelled and that a new one was created. Of course, I used the box that was tied to the cancelled order. So when the repair center received my touchpad, there was not a service order number attached to it. I was told that it was unidentified.

The repair center is aware that they have my touchpad and have to look for it. I have been assured that it was not lost. I am not holding my breath. I spoke to a manager and apparently a new service order was generated and they are in the process of looking for my touchpad. I was told to expect a lengthy delay. I told the manager that this was not acceptable. I sent my touchpad in for repair and they cannot find it. I was assured that since I sent in a touchpad if they cannot find it, they will send me a touchpad back. I cannot believe the level of customer service that is being provided to me. I am going to call back in next week. If they haven't found my touchpad by then, I am going to insist that they next day me a replacement touchpad.

I wouldn't bank on getting a replacement. It's been a month today that I've been waiting for my advance exchange replacement. Good luck.
    Good luck, I think an under paid intern is now enjoying your touch pad.

Mo.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I called HP to send my touchpad in for repair. The case was scuffed up around the speakers out of the box and there was lint under the touchscreen. I was sent 2 boxes a couple of days later. I don't know why I was sent 2 boxes. I used one of the boxes and sent the touchpad in for repair. The repair center received it on October 7th. I kept checking the repair status online and it kept stating they were awaiting the device. I know the repair center received the touchpad because I kept the tracking number from the label I used to send it in. I called Customer Support yesterday and was told they still don't have it. I explained to them that I have proof they have the touchpad. I was told that someone called me and left a message that I wasn't supposed to use the first box since the order for repair was not put in correctly. I never received a phone call or an e-mail. However, I received two boxes. How was I supposed to know which box to use? I was told that the service order was cancelled for the first box and that a new repair order was created. Of course, I used the box that was tied to the cancelled order. So when the repair center received my touchpad, there was not a service order number attached to it. I was told that it was unidentified and in the repair center somewhere.

The repair center is aware that they have my touchpad and have to look for it. I have been assured that it was not lost. I am not holding my breath. I spoke to a manager and apparently a new service order was generated and they are in the process of looking for my touchpad. I was told to expect a delay. I told the manager that this was not acceptable. I sent my touchpad in for repair and they cannot find it. I was assured that since I sent in a touchpad if they cannot find it, they will send me a touchpad back. I cannot believe the level of customer service that is being provided to me. I am going to call back in next week. If they haven't found my touchpad by then, I am going to insist that they next day me a replacement touchpad.

i would have asked which box to use, but thats a bit too late for that

in any case, id give them a week to find and wait for your TP, then start complaining (it is their fault that they didnt make sure you knew what box to use)
    HP should have a way of locating your Touchpad in their system you would think if they did have this problem they would enter the shipper info into their system along with the serial number of your Touchpad so when you did call they could at least look you up by name in their system. They defiantly should make this right if they lost your Touchpad.
    Sounds like they are just as sharp as the support personel at WebOS Butler, wait until you get to deal with them you are in for a treat. Good luck.
    Hp order system works like this you call in and get a box sent out. Then say you change your mind about the shipping address or something. If the box already shipped they have to cancel the old order to setup a new one. This ships box #2, box #1 is tracked via Fedex at this point but not HP. When box #1 gets to HP with the touchpad the CSO number is no longer in HP system "canceled" and gets tossed on a shelf somewhere. Box #2 gets to the customer and they are like ***? Calls and says I sent it with Box #1. Agent on phone then sends and email to service center and says order #1 is at service center with touchpad but the order number is for Box #2. Service center emails back and says order #1 is canceled and order #2 is not here yet. Customer waits a week and then calls back. Agent then sends another email and after another week of this then customer calls again and is now ****ed and wants to talk to a sup. Then the customer has a 30% chance of getting to speak with a case manager. Who if they are not busy will talk to them right way and actually have direct communication with the repair center and it will get found and might get back to you in two weeks. Usually without being fixed because the service center misunderstood and thinks it was sent in by mistake. Repeat process as needed. If the case manager is busy (80% of the time) then they will call you back in 48hrs. Usually while your at work so they leave a contact number that you call and are told that your case manager is not in or busy.
    I almost had a problem like this when I sent in my original Pre2. The difference is that I sat on the phone for 15-20 minutes until I managed to convince them that they weren't going to charge me the fee for the advanced exchange thing, where they send me a new pre2 and then I use their box to send back my old one. It was a brand new pre2, purchased directly from them, and it's not my fault they sent me a defective one.

Anyway, the first service order email came right away, then about 6 hours later another email arrived with a different service order number. I didn't notice that the number was different at this point. A little while later (the next day? a few days? I don't remember) I got an email saying that my new pre2 was shipped. That's when I noticed that the second service order email quoted the fee that they told me they were waiving. I went back and found the first email which had $0 as the fee, and only then realized that there were two different service order numbers.

I called and was told that the first order was canceled because of an "incomplete address." No one actually made any attempt to contact me to get the missing information, but somehow they got it and put in the second order. No one ever contacted me to tell me any of this, and I never got an email that the first service order was canceled.

It took two phone calls and probably half an hour to confirm that they were not going to charge me the fee, even though the email attached to the service order that did go through showed that they were charging it.

I imagine if I'd had them ship the box instead of shipping the actual device, I would have ended up with two boxes as well, and no notification at all as to which box I should use to ship them my pre2.

Now, I'm even more glad that I put in all the time and effort to get them to waive that fee!

Sorry about all your issues.. I'm sure that you will end up with a TP somehow, though.
    Hp Providing enhanced Customer support system. You can directly contacts them easily. They can help you at any time.
  10.    #10  
    I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement. I contacted HP Corporate WebOS support last night at 11:30 EST. I found the number on another thread here on Pre Central. I called and was connected to Stewart. This support team is based in Florida. I gave him my information along with my modified service order number that I received last week when I called the regular support number. Since it was so late last night, Stewart started the process of locating my touchpad today. He told me that he would call me back the next day to give me an update. I was surprised, when I received a call today from Stewart from a call center in Florida. Caller ID stated call originated from Florida. He contacted the repair center today and they located my touchpad and repaired it. I verified with Stewart that the Chasis and the debris under the screen was repaired and he assured me that it was indeed repaired. He also told me that my touchpad shipped out today and he also provided me a UPS tracking number. He also told me that when I receive my touchpad and if I am not satisfied with the level of repair, I can call back and they will replace my touchpad with a different one. I should receive my touchpad by the end of the week. I will update everyone with how the repair looks when I receive the touchpad. The number I used is 407-531-4496 option 2. This is a direct line to Corporate WebOS support. If anyone is having any issues, I would recommend calling this number, not the actual customer support number. They seem to get things done when they are called.