Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattecko16
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    FYI........see link.

    Take care,

    Jay

    11 Android games on the HP Touchpad – video

    11 Android games on the HP Touchpad – video - Liliputing

    The HP TouchPad is a pretty powerful tablet with a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual core processor and a 9.7 inch, 1024 x 768 pixel display. Games look great on the tablet — but unfortunately there aren’t really all that many high quality games available for the webOS operating system that comes with the TouchPad.

    That’s where Android comes in. This week the CyanogenMod team released the first public build of Android for the TouchPad, and while it’s still a little rough around the edges, the CyanogenMod software lets you use the Google Android Market to install thousands of games on HP’s tablets.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. #2  
    thankfully only 1 game on there we dont have a variant of, the 3rd person rpg game which looked ok, but ive only ever seen clips of the same place with nothing in it.

    angry birds wasnt very smart to show as its 1 of the first games we had anyways, and we have variants of all teh other stuff shown anyways.

    gonan need vids showing more than what we already have tbh, of that lot its just the 3d rpg we dont have, but we still have similar from gameloft.

    asphalt 5 shouldnt be of much use anyways as we have asphalt6 on the tpad, at best its a good "heres what we can run" but thats expected anyways, its native, not like its emulating or anything.
  3. #3  
    Wordfeud and Hanging with Friends. I need to know if those work!!
  4. #4  
    The two things I use android for are Playstation emulator, some sound issues but runs *beautifully* and splashtop streamer as the controls are far more responsive (oddly the "mouse" doesn't work as well though)

    WebOS is still way better for most everything you can get through WebOS though, and android kills your battery

    Edit: for the moment DosBox appears to work better on WebOS, I've actually been able to get Fallout to work in it but then the mouse doesn't work, curses! Now to find out if a BT mouse works with a TP
  5. #5  
    A shame about the resolution... but this beats the 2 games in my webos library! How bad is the battery drainage with Android? Can you dual boot?
    Last edited by tarbo; 10/16/2011 at 06:18 AM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    A shame about the resolution... but this beats the 2 games in my webos library! How bad is the battery drainage with Android? Can you dual boot?
    battery life seems to be about 30% less than WebOS from my 2 days of experience.
    Yes, it's dual boot.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    A shame about the resolution... but this beats the 2 games in my webos library! How bad is the battery drainage with Android? Can you dual boot?
    why only 2 games on webOS?
  8. #8  
    eh I'd rather wait until its more than an alpha
    fwinst likes this.
  9. #9  
    I installed it just to play dungeon defenders, considering that I was a dev on that game, and never got to see it on any of the mobiles until just a few days before its pc release coming up in 2 more days . . . Dungeon defenders is great on a tablet.. But its super awesome on a pc

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    thankfully only 1 game on there we dont have a variant of, the 3rd person rpg game which looked ok, but ive only ever seen clips of the same place with nothing in it.

    angry birds wasnt very smart to show as its 1 of the first games we had anyways, and we have variants of all teh other stuff shown anyways.

    gonan need vids showing more than what we already have tbh, of that lot its just the 3d rpg we dont have, but we still have similar from gameloft.

    asphalt 5 shouldnt be of much use anyways as we have asphalt6 on the tpad, at best its a good "heres what we can run" but thats expected anyways, its native, not like its emulating or anything.
    THere's variants on webOS alright, but not good ones for the most part. The games catalog sucks in comparison to iOS and Android. Let's not live in make believe land.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    The games catalog sucks in comparison to iOS and Android. .
    That's news to me!

    I've never used iOS because I don't like Apple products. On my Acer android tablet, I have dozens of games. Most of those games also run fine on my touchpad when dual booting into android. The only drawback is that the Touchpad has a 4:3 screen.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    THere's variants on webOS alright, but not good ones for the most part. The games catalog sucks in comparison to iOS and Android. Let's not live in make believe land.
    vid shoulda shown games that beat webOS games hands down then, as i said only 1 shows in that vid that we have no variant of any kind, the 3d 3rd person dungeon game, the rest we can equal or beat.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    That's news to me!

    I've never used iOS because I don't like Apple products. On my Acer android tablet, I have dozens of games. Most of those games also run fine on my touchpad when dual booting into android. The only drawback is that the Touchpad has a 4:3 screen.
    Yes on your ANDROID tablet or running ANDROID on your TouchPad. Neither of which refutes my claim that the webOS games catalog sucks compared to iOS or ANDROID.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    vid shoulda shown games that beat webOS games hands down then, as i said only 1 shows in that vid that we have no variant of any kind, the 3d 3rd person dungeon game, the rest we can equal or beat.
    Dude, there's maybe 10 TouchPad games total worth downloading. You can't equal or beat the selection with whats currently in the HP apps catalog. Just because you have one game similar to the style doesn't mean you're "matching" Android games.
  15. #15  
    There's also maybe 10 Android games total worth downloading.

    Why do you bother to come to a Touchpad and Pre users forum, and do nothing but trash talk, *****lyPete ? Do you get off on trolling?

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16. #16  
    Drag Racing has no webOS version or even bad clone. It's the single reason I went ahead and flashed CM7.
    CM7 is really an "alpha" in name only, IMHO. I have used final release ROMs that were not as smooth and reliable.

Posting Permissions