Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Anyone else's TP have a creaky back when you are holding it and release or when you press softly in the back middle?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    Yeah, same thing here. I'm assuming there's some empty space behind the middle of the back cover..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Yeah, same thing here. I'm assuming there's some empty space behind the middle of the back cover..

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    that's what I thought also. I'll get used to it lol

I have it, too. Seemed to show up after it was returned from having the screen repaired, though. I have a second Touchpad in a cover/case and so I can't tell if it has the same issue.
    No problems on mine.
    And I clean the back cover every day.
    I had that same thing. Cheap hardware if you ask me. One of the reasons why I sold mine after a week.
    yes. . . but only when squeezed in the center. . .

let's face it. . . the hardware isn't the highest quality. we have enough threads to verify that lol
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    yes. . . but only when squeezed in the center. . .

let's face it. . . the hardware isn't the highest quality. we have enough threads to verify that lol
    lol you're right about that.

I have two Touchpads -- one has a creaky back and the other does not. The creaky back one also has a slightly recessed home button, while the other one is perfectly flush with the screen.
    No creaky backs/cracks on my 2 TouchPads, solid builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by harveyjc2001 View Post
    I have two Touchpads -- one has a creaky back and the other does not. The creaky back one also has a slightly recessed home button, while the other one is perfectly flush with the screen.
    Yep. . . same with the recessed button.
    However, all 3 that I've played with have had a recessed center button lol . . . I've heard rumors of a mythical TouchPad that has a flush center button. I think it's a white elephant
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    The way these things are made I can't see how a touchpad WOULDN'T. creak. Its thin cheap plastic with space between the back and innards.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    I have two Android tablets in the house (G-Tablet and Zoom) and the Touchpad build quality exceeds them both. On the Touchpad, the back is actually glued to the battery for stability when manufactured so perhaps yours has separated. My G-Tablet has a back that gives and creeks since day one, but I never really viewed it as a manufacturing defect. After nine months it still works fine and I hardly notice the issue.
    My TP had a creaky back right out of the box, but it was fixed after I sent it to HP to fix my cracked case.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    The way these things are made I can't see how a touchpad WOULDN'T. creak. Its thin cheap plastic with space between the back and innards.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    I haven't noticed any of the other tablets that have a plastic back creak/crunch like the TouchPad does--Transformer, Tabe 10.1 & 8.9, or the PlayBook. I'll will give a closer inspection the next time I'm in Best buy.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I agree. I have an eee pad too and the plastic is much firmer. You really have to press hard to get any creak out of it but no one would squeeze that hard.

sent by Megatron using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Posted by accident

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I have two Android tablets in the house (G-Tablet and Zoom) and the Touchpad build quality exceeds them both. On the Touchpad, the back is actually glued to the battery for stability when manufactured so perhaps yours has separated. My G-Tablet has a back that gives and creeks since day one, but I never really viewed it as a manufacturing defect. After nine months it still works fine and I hardly notice the issue.
    I actually was thinking that was the problem. I dont think im going to send it back just for that since my eee pad is my main tablet. I might end up selling the tp eventually. Thanks for the insight though.

My Touchpad (finally) came today. It, unfortunately, has a creaky back and is loose on the left side. My dad's feels much more solid. I could just be imagining it, but his seems a tad heavier too.
    Besides the build quality issues I'm really loving the tablet though.