Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    good news, my brother just got his TP in the mail last week. And yesterday I got tracking numbers for the 3 that I ordered. Am so happy. Where's the cheapest place to get a cover and a touchstone?

~agp
    Case cover price is not too bad on Amazon right now at $22
    Touchstone price a little high on Amazon, I would watch ebay
    for eg. this one
    HP Touchstone Charging Dock for HP Touchpad | eBay
    HP.com the case is 19.99 and if you get a touchstone as with it, it will be shipped for free.
    MacMall has the HP case for $17. That where i ordered mine and it should be here today
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I hope yours doesn't have a creaky back. I have 2 and both are creaky. Very annoying.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Touchstone cheapest at CostCentral, and I have the Acase Leather from Amazon which I love. The Poetic is the same is last I looked, both were under $20.

Do a search for Touchstone on ebay and check completed listings for the going price there.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    good news, my brother just got his TP in the mail last week. And yesterday I got tracking numbers for the 3 that I ordered. Am so happy...
    If you can, make sure you put all 3 TPs under the same profile (if you already have a Palm Pre, sync to that device on your first TouchPad so you get the legacy phone apps downloaded automatically). This way any apps you purchase on one TP can be re-downloaded for free onto the other two. Only drawback is all 3 will share the same credit card. If that is not an issue for you, it is definitely the way to go.

Also, if you can, set one up first with all the apps you want before setting up the remaining two. Have the other two sync to your first one. This will ensure the apps are all downloaded automatically. Otherwise you would have to download each app manually, one-by-one.

I have 5 TouchPads and 1 pre all on the same profile. I believe 5 is the max number of TPs that can share a profile, and only 1 phone is allowed per profile. I setup 1 touchpad with apps for my kids, and used it as the template for my other two kids' touchpads. I setup another touchpad with apps more suited for adults, and synced my wife's touchpad to that.

Have fun!
    Last edited by rlopin; 10/15/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Why woukd anyone want 3 or 5 tps unless its just because they were cheap. It's nuts. I have a 32gb firesale but i still use my ipad2 all the time. The tp and webos is dead. When the amazon fire for 199 comes out no one will still care about this brick. I only use mine when my ipad is charging.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    more than 1 in the household...duh. Even at this point the TP is more useful than an iPad.

~agp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Why woukd anyone want 3 or 5 tps unless its just because they were cheap. It's nuts. I have a 32gb firesale but i still use my ipad2 all the time. The tp and webos is dead. When the amazon fire for 199 comes out no one will still care about this brick. I only use mine when my ipad is charging.
    Why would anyone want a webos TP at any price just to use while their ipad2 is charging if its such a "brick" and so "dead". Its nuts. I command thee be gone, troll!
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    more than 1 in the household...duh. Even at this point the TP is more useful than an iPad.

~agp
    ...and this. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    Why would anyone want a webos TP at any price just to use while their ipad2 is charging if its such a "brick" and so "dead". Its nuts. I command thee be gone, troll!
    Simple:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me You can't get fooled again."