1.    #1  
    hello - I got an email from onsale this week asking for my phone number because they had a few TP left and would like to sell me one - I considered it although I actually cancelled my order with them due to poor customer service. I have read couple of stories about people having received TouchPad with scratches, debris under the glass, etc. I am just curious to know just how common this is.

Thanks
    Unless they specifically state that the item is refurbished or used, it has to be new by law. The one I received from them was brand new, no question about it.
    I received one from them last week, called because of email like you just received, and friend wanted one, so I ordered per phone call. It was NIB, in white HP original box, inside brown HP box, webos v3.02. So far everything seems to be working fine. It is under HP 1yr warranty, so if problems, can always get it changed out or repaired. Price is right, but must pay shipping from Onsale.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    The one I received from them was brand new -- but, I was one of the few whose order was fulfilled during the original firesale. I don't know about their current stock.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    My OnSale Touchpad was shipped from the Inventec factory in Shanghai.

So, it was fresh off of the assembly line.
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    My OnSale Touchpad was shipped from the Inventec factory in Shanghai.

So, it was fresh off of the assembly line.
    That was also the label on the one I just received last week. Label said #94 of 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    The one I received from them was brand new -- but, I was one of the few whose order was fulfilled during the original firesale. I don't know about their current stock.
    same for the 2 16 gigs I ordered
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I got a make up order from onsale After my order got cancelled, it was def brand new. I would say order it now
  9.    #9  
    thanks everyone -I have already responded to their email twice this week without having gotten a phone phone call or another email from them - at least I feel a little better about ordering from them. When I can spare two hours to b on hold, maybe I will give them a call.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I also received mine in a brown box from China. My TP was brand new. 207 out of 1000.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Do they still have extras?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    Do they still have extras?
    I do not know - someone else posted on face book that they received the same email, but also replied and got no response.
    When I received the email, it asked for my phone # so they could call me. There was an email address with that persons name. They called within 1/2 hour. They only have 32gb, and the limit is 1 per person, per address, etc. I had received 2 different emails, so I tried to get another from the second email, but it would not go thru. Check your emails thoroughly for an address to send your phone # to.
    I bought from onSale second chance order. My touchad was not new. There was debis under the glass screen and the chassis was damaged. I sent it in for repair. I have a post on the forum about the issues I have had with that. Just pray you don't have to send it in for repair. The repair center lost mine due to the first service repair order being cancelled. I was sent two boxes and to make a long story short, I may never see my touchpad ever again. And if they do find it, it probably won't be fixed negating the reason I sent it in in the first place.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wittc21 View Post
    I bought from onSale second chance order. My touchad was not new. There was debis under the glass screen and the chassis was damaged. I sent it in for repair. I have a post on the forum about the issues I have had with that. Just pray you don't have to send it in for repair. The repair center lost mine due to the first service repair order being cancelled. I was sent two boxes and to make a long story short, I may never see my touchpad ever again. And if they do find it, it probably won't be fixed negating the reason I sent it in in the first place.
    It seems like someone should be giving you a refund of some sort if you do not get a new TP back. This is unfortunate!