1.    #1  
    On the left side of the touchpad at the edges there is dark and light "ripples" down the side of it. When i say this i mean dark and light points along the side.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Light bleed. It's fairly common, but obviously undesirable. It's from the lamps illuminating the backside of the display spilling over. I have it, but after the original Sprint Pre suffered majorly from this, I got used to it before switching to a Sprintified Pre 2. My Photon 4G doesn't have this problem, though.

If it's a big issue, you can probably get a replacement.
  3.    #3  
    The ripples are always in the same place. it doesnt move. is this still what you are talking about?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    The ripples are always in the same place. it doesnt move. is this still what you are talking about?
    Yes, if it's light bleeding then that will stay in the same place on the screen (that is, it will not scroll with the image or rotate). If it's bad, contact HP support, I don't have any bleed on either of my TouchPads so it's not normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    On the left side of the touchpad at the edges there is dark and light "ripples" down the side of it.
    It's backlight bleeding. Send it back for repair if you find it annoying like the pictures in this post.
    Same reason I had to send my repaired unit back. Initially sent it in to have cracks & screen fixed. They didn't touch the screen. The backlight bleeding wasn't as bad as the above link but it was getting worse as I used it. They didn't even bother with it. However, after fixing the shell the screen had more give to it = with moderate pressure I would get flex in the screen that would cause screen artifacts.

It went back and I waited for a few weeks to get a replacement unit.

I swear the repair facility doesn't know what it is doing with these things.
    have it too but yellow on the boot up...kinda sucks but idk if i wanna send my touchpad in again...hp customer support quality didnt exactly impress me