• 12 Post By johnsonx42
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  • 2 Post By PrinceAlbert
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  1.    #1  
    Just started 15 minute update
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    so?
    lol, who knew a 1-word post would be my most popular so far!?! as they say: "brevity is the soul of wit."
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/14/2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: can't spell
    Vistaus likes this.
    Roger786, welcome to Pre-Central. There are a few smarties here, so don't take offense. (even though I must admit I chuckled).

If you're new to the TP, it shipped with 3.0.0 (mine did), then the 3.0.2 build 68 is available as an update. While new to you, it was available on release day or shortly thereafter (sorry, someone add the correct date please. )

Again, welcome, and feel free to zing johnsonx42 ASAP.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/14/2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Language
    I see pandas.
    welcome roger786 !
    the thing is he's not new... joined in feb 2011, so he probably already had a phone (unless he's just been lurking since 'think beyond' waiting to get a touchpad?), and has a september post in the splashtop hd thread about using it with slingbox. so he's not even a new touchpad user.

besides, I wasn't even really trying to zing the guy... it's just that someone posting in mid-october that they're installing an update we've all had since late july makes no sense. unless there was more to the post but he got cut-off for some reason and didn't come back to edit.

but hey, I stand ready to accept all zings just the same.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    If you're new to the TP, it shipped with 3.0.0 (mine did), then the 3.0.2 build 68 is available as an update. While new to you, it was available on release day or shortly thereafter (sorry, someone add the correct date please. )
    First weekend in August IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    the thing is he's not new... joined in feb 2011, so he probably already had a phone (unless he's just been lurking since 'think beyond' waiting to get a touchpad?), and has a september post in the splashtop hd thread about using it with slingbox. so he's not even a new touchpad user.
    Well this was only his second post.

I do agree more info was needed my first thought was that maybe he was already on 3.0.2, and got the pretty common (on phones at least) update message telling you there is an update but it's really the same version you are on.

And welcome to the OP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My TP just arrived yesterday afternoon. And I go straight to update it. Well I'm quite surprise that TP form factor nicer then my iPad 1. The round edge really somewhat beautiful compared to other tablet.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post

besides, I wasn't even really trying to zing the guy... it's just that someone posting in mid-october that they're installing an update we've all had since late july makes no sense. unless there was more to the post but he got cut-off for some reason and didn't come back to edit.

but hey, I stand ready to accept all zings just the same.
    Just to clarify I had a problem with email syncing with all accounts, nothing would fix the problem and I did a WEBOS doctor process which fixed the problem with email, I didn't check the webos version after the doctor process and the WEBOS update appeared today. Looking forward to the next release of WEBOS
    I do agree more info was needed my first thought was that maybe he was already on 3.0.2, and got the pretty common (on phones at least) update message telling you there is an update but it's really the same version you are on.