1.    #1  
    I have tried everything I can find on this forum to have Photo app find the photos I have downloaded either through box.net or through USB. Are there any further suggestions (other than Doctor)? There is nothing unusual about the photos, and they are not large. Please help if possible.
    Sounds like you have Media Indexer bug. Check out this thread.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but nothing worked. Maybe when the next operating system upgrade arrives it will self correct. Here's hoping.
  4.    #4  
    Update: I ran the Doctor, and Photo app still contains no photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by connie2000 View Post
    Update: I ran the Doctor, and Photo app still contains no photos.
    Are you not seeing anything at all? Not even the included wallpapers? According to some of the threads, there may be some JPG's with headers that prevent the indexer from working. You may want to systematically test with some photos that are known to be fine, like the ones in the Wallpapers forum. Start by deleting every one of your own photos, then add a couple of the photos from the Wallpapers forum and see if Photos is working. If those work, start adding your photos back in batches of 10 until you find the photo(s) that are causing the problem.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I tried all that, but didn't work. Got desperate and did the following:

A shutdown using "erase all"
    Used the Doctor again but this time after signing into Palm I skipped restoring my settings and apps

Photos and Music apps now working.

Added back my patches one by one checking after each one to see if still working. No problems so far.

I don't know what went wrong, but I thank you all for your suggestions
    This is an awesome site and I have poured over it for weeks now with my new TP. The TP is great, but in the last week it went downhill fast due to this photo problem others have mentioned. There are other threads with guesses or suggestions on how to fix the indexing problem with music and photos, but no catch all solution yet. Here are my facts, and any help would bhe appreciated (plus I'm gesusing others will have this problem).

I have a Photos folder on the TP that currently sits in the DCIM folder. In this folder are subfolders that are effectively albums and each contains hundreds of jpg pictures. Prior to last week, all of the albums and photos appeared in the photo app as well as the standard wallpapers and a folder with mp4s. All good.

Then I added more albums (subfolders) to the photo folder and it all went to hell. All subfolders appeared in the photo app, but many said they were empty (internalz confirmed they were not). Also, any photos that did work (including standard wallpapers) now appeared out of focus on the photo app unless a slideshow was used.

Then I followed the steps of others and did restarts and moved a few files to trigger a new attempt at indexing. That resulted in every album to be "empty" except the wallpaper and video album. The blurry problem is still there too. To make matters worse, the photo app has now been indexing (rotating circle) for 24 hours.

The app won't recognize test pictures from Box.net either although it recognizes that the folder they are in on Box.net exists.

There are something like 8000 pictures in these folders. Please give me your thoughts on what to do next. Thanks. Ugh.

Oh, my TP is prewared, patched, at 1.5 and running 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops_I_TP'd_My_Pants View Post
    This is an awesome site and I have poured over it for weeks now with my new TP. The TP is great, but in the last week it went downhill fast due to this photo problem others have mentioned. There are other threads with guesses or suggestions on how to fix the indexing problem with music and photos, but no catch all solution yet. Here are my facts, and any help would bhe appreciated (plus I'm gesusing others will have this problem).

I have a Photos folder on the TP that currently sits in the DCIM folder. In this folder are subfolders that are effectively albums and each contains hundreds of jpg pictures. Prior to last week, all of the albums and photos appeared in the photo app as well as the standard wallpapers and a folder with mp4s. All good.

Then I added more albums (subfolders) to the photo folder and it all went to hell. All subfolders appeared in the photo app, but many said they were empty (internalz confirmed they were not). Also, any photos that did work (including standard wallpapers) now appeared out of focus on the photo app unless a slideshow was used.

Then I followed the steps of others and did restarts and moved a few files to trigger a new attempt at indexing. That resulted in every album to be "empty" except the wallpaper and video album. The blurry problem is still there too. To make matters worse, the photo app has now been indexing (rotating circle) for 24 hours.

The app won't recognize test pictures from Box.net either although it recognizes that the folder they are in on Box.net exists.

There are something like 8000 pictures in these folders. Please give me your thoughts on what to do next. Thanks. Ugh.

Oh, my TP is prewared, patched, at 1.5 and running 3.0.2
    Did you already have 8000 photos working fine before you added the box.net account? I'd remove the box.net account first and see if that gets it back to normal first. If it's still in the process of downloading all the box.net photos, then it may show blank thumbnails for them until they are downloaded. You could also run into trouble if you run out of space while it's trying to download those photos (any accounts that you add will end up trying to download all of the associated photos, so you might not have as much space as you think - especially if you believed that all account-based photos were only accessed through the cloud).
    Did you already have 8000 photos working fine before you added the box.net account? I'd remove the box.net account first and see if that gets it back to normal first. If it's still in the process of downloading all the box.net photos, then it may show blank thumbnails for them until they are downloaded. You could also run into trouble if you run out of space while it's trying to download those photos (any accounts that you add will end up trying to download all of the associated photos, so you might not have as much space as you think - especially if you believed that all account-based photos were only accessed through the cloud).
    it doesn't seem like the last update fixed the media indexer problem. Hope palm fixes this soon.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities