Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markhca View Post
    What we have in this graphic is likely a combination of CYA and jumping the gun. Much like CNN does obituaries in advance for people not yet dead, someone at HP made up the graphic in anticipation, and someone else jumped the gun to post it up.

Hang loose, everyone. I don't have any inside corporate knowledge, but I do have an inside source in HP. While not at Meg's level, they are high enough to be made aware if there has been a decision yet...and they haven't heard anything yet.

The only real "insider" info that I have is it's been a real roller coaster ride at HP, and everyone is waiting to see if Meg ends it or sends them on another couple of dozen loop de loops...
    if appleinsider is right, they've finished initial bids on webOS. If so, they are probably in final stages with one party and we should hear around end of Nov or Dec if her group is better at not leaking than Leo's group. Best for her not to leak until it is done in case it falls thru, whereas in palm's case we k5new about HP before it closed because the palm shareholders had to approve the deal, likewise with autonomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    If its really over. Andorid or IOS
    We have both in our family and I think the decision all comes down to the apps that are available and the price you are willing to pay.

I bought the TP because it was cheap, I like the form factor and I new if all else failed, android was coming.

WebOS is good, better than I expected. However, it showed me that it really does not matter how good an OS might be, if you cannot get the software you want it is useless.
    Duplicate post
    I bought mine on Ebay, paid over $250, free FedEx shipping.
    Yesterday I installed Android in a dual boot, now I have my iPad wannabe, no regrets.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    "Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad
    We are unfortunately sold out at this time, however a limited supply of units will be made available in the coming weeks and months. We will continue to communicate the details here about when, where, and how you can purchase an HP TouchPad when those are available. Those who signed up to be notified will also be kept current with email communications as requested. "
    Just a hunch, but, if you're willing to be patient and wait for a good price, Craigslist around here has people dumping them at decent prices every once in a while. I got a 16GB for $150 with a case and a 32GB for $200 with a case.

Who knows? By January, they could come down even further...
  7.    #47  
    I have to confess that I only bought three Touchpads because:

(1) it was $84 each, with free shipping, after coupon code
    on HP.com at that time

(2) it was dirty cheap, compared to the tablet that I owned
    at the time($799 iPad 2, 64GB/3G)

(3) wanted to have a cheap "disposable" tablet that I wouldn't
    mind losing in a bar/restaurant/train/plane/airport

(4) $84? that's $10 less than what I spent on dinner for two
    the week before, and I didn't even get "benefits" after dinner

(5) everybody on slickdeals.net was ordering it (if everybody
    was getting it, it must be a good deal, right?)

(6) my grandfather had a Palm Centro phone,
    which he still uses today

(7) I wanted to have a valid reason
    to join PreCentral forums
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 10/16/2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Glad you joined.

HP still hiring for webOS
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3208998
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Just a hunch, but, if you're willing to be patient and wait for a good price, Craigslist around here has people dumping them at decent prices every once in a while. I got a 16GB for $150 with a case and a 32GB for $200 with a case.

Who knows? By January, they could come down even further...
    Probably right. The excitement of the firesale frenzy is over and buyers remorse is starting to set in with a number of folks exacerbated by the fact that so many seem to have no realistic idea what they bought having just bought it cause it was an exciting deal. As these folks discover what they bought can't meet their fabricated expectations we'll probably see those units for sale. With the excitement dying down may see more and more just trying to get their money out rather than price gouge.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123