Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    I just think it was shady to keep tweeting about "We will have more #StayCoolMyBabies" over and over giving people hope.. then thud. Nothing. I didn't like HP before and I really dislike them now.

On the flip-side I don't feel so bad about my "over-priced" $200 Tiger Direct 16GB bundle! (Keyboard and Dock).
    has anyone other than the OP been able to find that image on HPs website?
    I found mine last week by searching Craig's List locally. . .32gb for $250; I figured it was now or never!
    no...and frankly i've seen nothing "official" from HP to indicate anything other than what HAS been readily available...that more inventory is coming.

my life will go on if no more come in. found 2 on ebay $213 adn $235 shipped for 32gb. if more come on hp maybe my kids will get them for xmas.

life goes on...
    I saw that image also yesterday. It only showed up via EPP sale page. In EPP if you select touchpad now it shows only a few accessories. I still had the link in my recently viewed items and clicked it and it shows that image in place of the touchpad stock image. I hate to speculate but it could be it is only for EPP sales. It also showed the price at $549
    gocaps#WN likes this.
    I just looked at the auction site and saw new 32GB TouchPads are going for $250 and up. Why the continued complaining about HP? I paid $240 for mine and it was factory sealed. I figure the seller bought it for $150, paid eBay $10, paid PayPal $10, and then paid the post office another $10. Sure, the seller made a profit, but not much when you factor the time to find and purchase the TPs, receive packages, repack them, and then ship them out to buyers. My TP is still a bargain to me, they were over $500 before the sale. How much is your time worth?
    bignoze and treodoc755 like this.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by blake711 View Post
    I saw that image also yesterday. It only showed up via EPP sale page. In EPP if you select touchpad now it shows only a few accessories. I still had the link in my recently viewed items and clicked it and it shows that image in place of the touchpad stock image. I hate to speculate but it could be it is only for EPP sales. It also showed the price at $549
    I saw the same thing when I logged into my EPP corporate acct. (but not EPP education/
    academic/alumni acct or the regular HP.com site) Perhaps they have different
    inventories for each?

I would never pay $549 for a 32GB Touchpad. However, I would gladly pay $299 to buy
    another one directly from HP. (this is from a guy who already owns/uses three Touchpads
    and a $799 64GB 3G iPad 2) I just love the Touchpad so much....
    Quote Originally Posted by Normn View Post
    hp has shown itself to be not very good as a company.This whole tp experience could have been managed better by a 5th grade classroom.

I agree. Once they said they were opening sales up to their employees, I knew it was over. HP has over 300,000 employees. I know all 300K are not in the U.S., but how ever many there are, I knew it was enough to take all 100,000 - 200,000 TP that were being manufactured.
    EPP is managed on the SMB side, which has continually said they will never, ever get more TouchPads.

The Academic Alliance program is managed through HP Home & Home Office, which continues to say they will be getting more.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Interesting. I spent the day today with a 28-year HP employee. He *****ed that employees were mad at HP because they were not offered the fire sale prices for the Touchpad. He said that HP had to do a special production run for the employees.
    (sorry about the asterisks, I did not realize this site censored posts)
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by leeosenton View Post
    I just looked at the auction site and saw new 32GB TouchPads are going for $250 and up. Why the continued complaining about HP? I paid $240 for mine and it was factory sealed. I figure the seller bought it for $150, paid eBay $10, paid PayPal $10, and then paid the post office another $10. Sure, the seller made a profit, but not much when you factor the time to find and purchase the TPs, receive packages, repack them, and then ship them out to buyers. My TP is still a bargain to me, they were over $500 before the sale. How much is your time worth?
    True. I paid $240 for my 32gb. With tax, California waste disposal fee, shipping, etc., the guy I bought if from made $40-$50.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by bazidl View Post
    has anyone other than the OP been able to find that image on HPs website?
    go to slickdeals.com and search touchpad.
    I have to say,me too. I went to ebay and paid 223 for a 16gb tp,liked it so much I went back and paid 370 for a 64 gb version after I realized that to mod the 16gb tp would risk destroying the unit.So,I am going to gift the 16 to my lovely young bride,she will love the qvc app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Normn View Post
    go to slickdeals.com and search touchpad.
    I think you mean slickdeals.net.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    If its really over. Andorid or IOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    If its really over. Andorid or IOS
    I think you are right. . . though Win8 will be around but I'll pass on that bloated pig.

RIM might do something. QNX is a pretty cool OS and they've done a lot right with it but it is a completely new OS for RIM thus they have a ways to go for development and developers.

Hopefully we don't get cut down to just two mobile platforms. . . but I don't think anyone is going to ride in and save webOS and it really seems that HP has no clue how to handle it.
    I finally got my shipment of two TouchPads from the HP small business unit. I bet they are about done processing all those firesale orders. We have heard that "late October" there would be more available. But I'm guessing those are all pretty much spoken for.

They were stringing us all along again. I don't know why I followed BrynaAtHP on twitter. Maybe I was hoping I would get another chance at Touchpads. Looks like they only went to HP employees and maybe to people who ordered at the firesale.

**** you HP!
    What we have in this graphic is likely a combination of CYA and jumping the gun. Much like CNN does obituaries in advance for people not yet dead, someone at HP made up the graphic in anticipation, and someone else jumped the gun to post it up.

Hang loose, everyone. I don't have any inside corporate knowledge, but I do have an inside source in HP. While not at Meg's level, they are high enough to be made aware if there has been a decision yet...and they haven't heard anything yet.

The only real "insider" info that I have is it's been a real roller coaster ride at HP, and everyone is waiting to see if Meg ends it or sends them on another couple of dozen loop de loops...
    they fulfilled our orders last week, my guess is that they are really out, if not, I should get more touchpads coming since I ordered it the same day the one I already received.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast