1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm just wondering if there's a way to view pictures that I have on my Dropbox account on my Touchpad?

I'm looking for a way to quickly browse through thumbnails and find certain pictures?

Thank you,
    TouchpadGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by hptouchpadguy View Post
    Hello,

I'm just wondering if there's a way to view pictures that I have on my Dropbox account on my Touchpad?

I'm looking for a way to quickly browse through thumbnails and find certain pictures?

Thank you,
    TouchpadGuy
    You have to log in to your dropbox web account (via the web) and view them that way. No dedicated application (as of yet....)

Scooby
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
    You have to log in to your dropbox web account (via the web) and view them that way. No dedicated application (as of yet....)

Scooby
    That's not entirely true. Dropbox is integrated through Synergy, so you don't need a dedicated app. The problem is that apparently HP didn't think it needed to be plugged into the photos/videos app, so you can't browse the pics you have on Dropbox.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    That's not entirely true. Dropbox is integrated through Synergy, so you don't need a dedicated app.
    Yeah you do - because unless I'm mistaken it does not store local copies unless you specifically open a file. It's access to your dropbox files not dropbox as it is on other platforms.
    you can download dropboxify - which will show thumbnails that open full screen even though the app is pre size.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Yeah you do - because unless I'm mistaken it does not store local copies unless you specifically open a file. It's access to your dropbox files not dropbox as it is on other platforms.
    For right now you do for photos/videos, I'm not arguing that. But Dropbox is *partially* integrated through Synergy. There's no reason to think that *if* HP had been wise enough to have the Photos/Videos app integrated with Dropbox that it wouldn't have pulled your pics/videos locally since the other integrated web services do..

Yes, I'm speculating because HP did a half-assed job of bringing Dropbox into the mix, but I didn't dispute that as it stands right now we would need to use the web login (hence why I said it was not entirely true).
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grate88 View Post
    you can download dropboxify - which will show thumbnails that open full screen even though the app is pre size.
    Or install android (yes yes I know... but it is an option)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    That's not entirely true. Dropbox is integrated through Synergy, so you don't need a dedicated app. The problem is that apparently HP didn't think it needed to be plugged into the photos/videos app, so you can't browse the pics you have on Dropbox.
    right enough, worded wrong but still no way to get pictures from dropbox without going via web... Strange one, that...

pain in the...
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
    right enough, worded wrong but still no way to get pictures from dropbox without going via web... Strange one, that...

pain in the...
    I logged into my dropbox account through web on HP TP and went to my shared directory, but I only see my doc and pdf files and picture or video files, even though they are there.

I have checked with my desktop and they are there, but somehow not showing up on TP.

Any help?

Thanks,