Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #1  
    I recently bought a clear TPU case for my Touchpad. It worked fine on the Touchstone
    charger.

    On my older iPhone with mirror back, I also had a clear TPU case and it looked great.

    I don't know where I got the idea... but I took a piece of shiny aluminum foil(not the
    kind for cooking/baking... no, I used an industrial foil for ham radio operators) and
    cut it to the size of the Touchpad. I taped it to the back of the Touchpad and then
    put the clear TPU case back on. It looked real nice...

    Fast forward a few hours... The Touchpad's battery was down to 10% and I put it
    on the Touchstone. Within two seconds, I heard a loud pop/buzzing sound.(like
    when you use a 12V car battery on a prisoner of war, aka Rambo)

    The Touchpad was not charging and the Touchstone had a burned plastic smell.

    Yes, I managed to fry the Touchstone charge with my stupid stunt...


    The silver lining(or aluminum lining? ) of the story is that I got my Touchstone
    charger from HP.com for only $21... otherwise, I'd be kicking myself in the hump
    of the midget camel right now...
  2.    #2  
    <quote deleted by staff>

    I would never file a warranty claim for something that I destroyed. It's dishonest and criminal.

    I already tossed the fired Touchstone down the trash chute of my flat. (after soaking it in
    water to make sure it wasn't burning inside... don't wanna start a trash fire)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/13/2011 at 11:08 PM.
  3. #3  
    <quote deleted by staff>

    Hm.

    Every company is completely within their rights if they deny repairs if you drop it. If you drop it – it's not a warranty issue. Warranty is for manufacturing faults - not for customer mishandling.

    I agree that the glossy slick case isn't the best idea - but it's not's *that* slippery.

    And whether they insure themselves with a 3rd party is irrelevant. Insurance costs money too and insurance rates go up if the return rates go up.

    The more people who commit fraud and abuse warranty the more expensive the system becomes and the company becomes more distrustful of real warranty cases. The cost of the fake warranties ends up as (slightly) higher average sell price of products.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/13/2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4. #4  
    Fraud, theft, etc ALL cost consumers in the long run. I strongly disagree with the above suggestion to try and get it replaced under warranty, and commend the above posters for sharing those views.

    Honesty IS the best policy.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5. #5  
    This post is beyond hilarious.... Taping metal foil over a capacitive charged device. Hahhahahahahahhahha.

    I don't even care if this is a troll, its funny.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  6. #6  
    --------------------USER ERROR---------------------------------

    Now it is known that the touchstone works by conductivity, so why cover up the rear of the TP?

    Like the moron who hides his gun in the oven and doe not tell his girlfriend who came over on Thanksgiving Day to cook dinner.....................................................
    Vistaus likes this.
  7. #7  
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

    I'm glad you posted this, because I get ideas.......
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    This post is beyond hilarious.... Taping metal foil over a capacitive charged device. Hahhahahahahahhahha.

    I don't even care if this is a troll, its funny.
    Like the girlfriend who wanted the rookie cop to teach her how to shoot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SOoooooooooo, he thinks for a minute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then tells her to come into the bathroom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course he remembers that in the old TV shows they tested guns by firing them into a tank of water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey sweetheart aim it to the middle of the water in the toilet....................................................Toilet gone, hole in floor, neighbor upset-hole in her ceiling..........................rookie needs another job, lol, lol true story..
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post

    I don't know where I got the idea... but I took a piece of shiny aluminum foil(not the
    kind for cooking/baking... no, I used an industrial foil for ham radio operators) and
    cut it to the size of the Touchpad. I taped it to the back of the Touchpad and then
    put the clear TPU case back on. It looked real nice...

    Fast forward a few hours... The Touchpad's battery was down to 10% and I put it
    on the Touchstone. Within two seconds, I heard a loud pop/buzzing sound.(like
    when you use a 12V car battery on a prisoner of war, aka Rambo).... Snip
    My only possible reaction....

    http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/7...rdFacepalm.jpg
    Vistaus likes this.
  10. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #10  
    Oy vey
  11. #11  
    I hope at least you saved the plug in part... unless you fried that too... That's worth something if it's still good.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

    My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I hope at least you saved the plug in part... unless you fried that too... That's worth something if it's still good.
    Yes, I saved the AC adapter part...

    Then I realized that the Touchstone part was still good as a Touchpad stand,
    so I went downstairs to the bottom of the trash chute to retrieve it. Went
    back up to flat and cleaned the Touchstone thoroughly with Dettol. Dried it
    up and cut off the cord from the base... now it works bloody marvelous
    as a stand.
    retroblu, Vistaus and brum like this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Yes, I saved the AC adapter part...

    Then I realized that the Touchstone part was still good as a Touchpad stand,
    so I went downstairs to the bottom of the trash chute to retrieve it. Went
    back up to flat and cleaned the Touchstone thoroughly with Dettol. Dried it
    up and cut off the cord from the base... now it works bloody marvelous
    as a stand.
    Waste not, want not!
  14. #14  
    As a stand???? Who knew????
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Vistaus likes this.
  15. #15  
    Aluminum foil between your TouchPad & TouchStone? Are You Serious?

    Vistaus likes this.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Yes, I saved the AC adapter part...

    Then I realized that the Touchstone part was still good as a Touchpad stand,
    so I went downstairs to the bottom of the trash chute to retrieve it. Went
    back up to flat and cleaned the Touchstone thoroughly with Dettol. Dried it
    up and cut off the cord from the base... now it works bloody marvelous
    as a stand.
    lol, I would have been too mad with myself every time I looked at the stand to keep it around after frying it.
  17. mrmars#CB's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #17  
    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? Dude.. COME ON!!!
  18. #18  
    At least your Touchpad is not burned.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    This post is beyond hilarious.... Taping metal foil over a capacitive charged device. Hahhahahahahahhahha.

    I don't even care if this is a troll, its funny.
    its like microwaving your kettle full of water then wondering why the kettle and microwave are broken.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by m a r k View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? Dude.. COME ON!!!
    It looked kewl, and doubles as a mirror.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions