Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stupidlester
  1.    #1  
    I plugged it in but I cant get it to come on..... Is there a trick? I hope so.

Thanks
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/13/2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: updated title to reflect problem with TP
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Is the rest of the house dark?
    No, the power isnt out?

UH oh I hope I didnt get a broken one
    Hold the power button until the boot logo comes up (button a top of left side in LS position)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hold the power button until the boot logo comes up (button a top of left side in LS position)
    Yeah nothing happens..........getting a bad feeling
    Let it charge for a while, then try again. Or keep trying to power it on, while it's charging.
    Mine didnt start up right away. I held the power button, then did it again and it started up, while plugged into the charger.
    It could be your battery drained from the time your unit was stored in the warehouse, to the time you just got it now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ken3 View Post
    Let it charge for a while, then try again. Or keep trying to power it on, while it's charging.
    Mine didnt start up right away. I held the power button, then did it again and it started up, while plugged into the charger.
    It could be your battery drained from the time your unit was stored in the warehouse, to the time you just got it now.
    Ok, hope you're right.
    updated the title for the OP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Damn, Been plugged in for 15 minutes and still nothing.
    mine came half charged but I was worried that once powered up, it didn't seem to be charging. I hadn't QUITE put the usb charger in enough was the problem....I didn't want to force it, but it did require a 'bit' of force to get it in. It should be almost flush......

Macros
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidlester View Post
    I plugged it in but I cant get it to come on..... Is there a trick? I hope so.

Thanks
    dont be stupid, lester. . sometimes it takes a while to charge. most companies minimally charged the batteries of their cell phones and electronics so you can power it up a bit from the get go. I remember when i got my cell phone that was the case anyway. when i got my touchpad i was able to power it up to where it let me go through the set up menu before it told me to charge it. depending on when yours was manufactured the charge may have depleted.. rechargeable batteries lose charge every day even when they arent in use. it takes a long time from a completely dead battery to even show its charging sometimes... 45 min for me.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  11.    #11  
    OK, Im glad to hear that!!!! Crossing my fingers that it comes on eventually.
    the first startup was stubborn for me - was convinced I had a defect. Had to hold power down for 10-15 seconds for it to boot.
  13. LuD
    Nobody mention holding down the home button, and power button at the same time? Worked for one of mine.
    Most importantly - don't just plug the USB cable into a PC USB port, use the adapter for your house outlet. Straight USB doesn't put out nearly as much as the AC adapter.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuD View Post
    Nobody mention holding down the home button, and power button at the same time? Worked for one of mine.

That did it! Thanks everyone for your help!!!!
    LuD likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidlester View Post
    That did it! Thanks everyone for your help!!!!
    Glad you got it booted! First time I booting mine I was holding down the volume button so it went into developer mode (or whatever it is called with a big USB symbol) and I had a few minutes of "really??!" until I did a few searches and discovered my error.

Have fun!