webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad will not start
Touchpad will not start

Old 10/13/2011, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My 32 GB TouchPad stopped working yesterday. It was fine yesterday morning, but when I returned home from work and tried to turn it on, it had the red and white low battery/charge plug icon on the screen. I plugged it in and tried to turn it on and had about 25-30 minutes of the hp logo in the center of the screen. I scanned the forums for the trick to do a manual restart and found the TP version of the three button salute. Did that and had the same result. I charged the TP through the night and again during the day today. It is still stuck on the hp logo screen and the manual restart results in the same darn hp logo screen that never boots up to the main screen.

I hadn't made any recent changes to the device that I can recall that would have caused any problems -- it just did this on its own after normal usage on Wednesday morning.

Any thoughts or solution advice?

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
Luke35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Has anyone else had this happen? It never boots through past the centered hp logo, but this morning when I tried to turn it on, the battery was drained and gave me the "Charge Me Soon!" icon/graphic. So I put in on the charger and let it charge. Now it does the "hp logo" screen again and will not move past that to the regular screen. Hitting the top button + down volume + center button just resets things to come back to the hp logo screen.

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
Luke35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think your Touch pad RAM has some problem. Please install new RAM.
edwardreed037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 02:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

If you do a reset on the machine that you have "log-in" WebOS, I believe you will need to wait quite a while for the "reset" to finish. I remember it too about a hour or 2 to do a "secure reset". So, maybe turn it on and let it set there for couple hours with power plug in and see.
lizard123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 02:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

I know SECURE RESET will bring it back to life. This has happen to me BUT be ready to set
with touchpad or do something else for approx 1 to 2 hours
1969bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0