Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    I dont know if this is obvious or if someone else mentioned this but, why would they skip 3.0.3?
    Maybe it's a number that brings bad luck ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    when updating webOS, will I lose all my customisations? What about all the programs I've added - will they be lost? Sincerely hope not!
    The customizations will be removed during the upgrade. However, upon running Preware it will reinstall all patches, kernels, themes you have installed.

No Apps or settings will be removed.

This is the case for the OTA update. If you use the webOS doctor then you will have to set up your device just like it was a new one. Your Apps and settings will be restored from the cloud. Your pictures, music and other files on the USB storage will still be present.

Quote Originally Posted by xman953 View Post
    Yes, it will be lost. All the apps you downloaded from App Catalog will be wiped out, but it will back up when you enter your Palm profile; so that is nothing. But your customization will be lost, and your Preware patches will be lost too.
    Not sure if you're trolling or if you're mistaking it for the update via webOS doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    I dont know if this is obvious or if someone else mentioned this but, why would they skip 3.0.3?
    Idk why exactly, but its definitely possible. There was no 3.0.1. They just went from 3.0 to 3.0.2. Maybe they like their last digit to be even number lol
    gregcky and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zunairryk View Post
    Idk why exactly, but its definitely possible. There was no 3.0.1. They just went from 3.0 to 3.0.2. Maybe they like their last digit to be even number lol
    I think 3.0.3 was limited to extra regional language inclusions.. Asian?
    Maybe odd numbers are internal testing versions, even numbers are official ones. A lot of projects use this numbering scheme.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Indeed dotnet. I'm thinking the same. Just like on Linux with GNOME. For example, GNOME 3.0 is stable, GNOME 3.1.x is unstable and that becomes 3.2 eventually. Same could be for the TP. 3.0.3=testing new features and fixes, 3.0.4 is rolled out to the masses.
    Isandunk likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Does it fix the losing sound bug?
    I don't know if anyone will know that for a few days so far, I'm liking it, though. Haven't really noticed anything new, but it is in general zippier.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Please use the following thread now that the update has been released:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-download.html
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234