Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to this after trying the leaked 3.0.3! performance is much better on 3.0.3 so 3.0.4 should be on par atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    3.0.4 is much better than 3.0.3
    Cool, sounds promising. I've seen some of these leaks but the touchpad is a big enough black hole sucking away all my time as it is, without loading test releases.
    Last edited by texasflood; 10/13/2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Typo
    3.0.4 should arrive within the next week and will have performance fixes and a camera app
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    3.0.4 should arrive within the next week and will have performance fixes and a camera app
    and how do you know this ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    and how do you know this ??
    HP tech support on page 1 of this thread said so.

Sorry for my sarcasm, but in my experience with tech support(both HP & others), they have been more or less useless at actually solving the problem, but useful in coaching me to figure it out myself. (Not all, but most of the time.)

As far as handing out information regarding release dates for updates/phones/or anything, they've been totally clueless...but that's ok, I have a good stash of sea salt in the kitchen
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/13/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm putting my money on an ICS port coming out before an OTA update from Palm/HP.
    Ok, here's a Q...

Will the 3.0.4 update break the Android dual boot that CM7 just released?

As I understand it, the dual boot is based on 3.0.2. Any reasons the update would break it?
    well I'm running it on 3.0.3 and have had no issues so far......
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiconDevil1 View Post
    well I'm running it on 3.0.3 and have had no issues so far......
    Same here...No problems at all. Installed in less than 20 minutes.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    3.04 also offers additional language choices, most importantly for me Chinese, right?
    I'm running 3.0.3 since some days and the browser is noticable faster then 3.0.2. The only problem I found so far: Tab isn't working in XTerm, but that might be a Preware-Issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Ok, here's a Q...

Will the 3.0.4 update break the Android dual boot that CM7 just released?

As I understand it, the dual boot is based on 3.0.2. Any reasons the update would break it?
    Don't think so. This would mean the OTA would modify the boot manager and/or file system (partition). From my understanding (not a computer science guy) this is unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Don't think so. This would mean the OTA would modify the boot manager and/or file system (partition). From my understanding (not a computer science guy) this is unlikely.
    MS does that all the time with Windows. If you ever dual boot with Linux you'll see how common it is to mess with the boot sector on a desktop computer.

And that's for an OS for a platform where it is well known and to be expected that some percentage will change boot options. HP could be forgiven for thinking that a tablet device with dedicated OS would solely own the boot sector.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    The webOS doctor doesn't modify the boot stuff unless it can't figure out any way to get itself installed, as far as I know.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I'm putting my money on an ICS port coming out before an OTA update from Palm/HP.
    I'd take that bet
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I'd take that bet
    me too!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    when updating webOS, will I lose all my customisations? What about all the programs I've added - will they be lost? Sincerely hope not!
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    when updating webOS, will I lose all my customisations? What about all the programs I've added - will they be lost? Sincerely hope not!
    Yes, it will be lost. All the apps you downloaded from App Catalog will be wiped out, but it will back up when you enter your Palm profile; so that is nothing. But your customization will be lost, and your Preware patches will be lost too.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I think we should be worrying about who is going to buy and support WEBOS HUMMMM!!!
    I dont know if this is obvious or if someone else mentioned this but, why would they skip 3.0.3?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast