Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I wonder if they feel the need to get this out sooner in response to the android development?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    I wonder if they feel the need to get this out sooner in response to the android development?

Uhhh, no. People will port their touchpad to android because they want the android apps.
    my initial question to the support-person on hp-touchpad-support (after a conversation about my broken touchpad - it is broken near the left speaker) was indeed the pocketmirrot-issue not to sync calendar. she said this problem will be solved with the "actual version of webos". after telling her, my touchpad shows 3.0.2 as the actual version, she was surprised and asked into the off . and then told me, 3.0.4 is ready to roll out. whatever this means in days, weeks or so.
    i hope it is very near to us.
    If support people knows aboutit, you can bet it's going to be available very soon

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Newness Developments apps:

First we get an alpha that looks great, and now rumblings of 3.0.4. I'm in love with my TP again.
    splitsick likes this.
    how bout fixing the ordinary e-mail bug......i cannot read my emails
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Uhhh, no. People will port their touchpad to android because they want the android apps.
    that has nothing to do with what I said. Try again.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I've found the TP sluggish even with logging turned off. I also read that some was looking a CPU performance and saw only 1 CPU was running (not sure how now) but both cores were not being used. Either way it slower than my Android phone loading and its not fast as it is.

No mention of mail client above. Outlook cannot send attachments to the TP. But I hope the summery is incomplete and there is more to this upgrade which I too was told was imminent.
    If i remember correctly, which I might not as I did all this pretty quickly, the three biggest performance changing mods were:

1) Turning off logging
    2) Removing the touch ripple
    3) Overclocking to 1.5GHz
    southern hemisphere google services bug !? is this fixed in teh 2.2.3 on teh pre3? being in australia it sucks when i use maps and it thinks I'm in the antarctic !!! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by r_wright1 View Post
    I thought it was rumored that they were adding HDMI output capabilities via the usb mini port. I guess not?
    3.0.4 RC2 (release candidate 2)
    Don't give up yet , it's only a release candidate.
    It's not the last update ever either.
    I'm very much looking forward to this after trying the leaked 3.0.3! performance is much better on 3.0.3 so 3.0.4 should be on par atleast.
    3.0.4 is much better than 3.0.3
    Does anyone experience some issues with Skype in webos 3.0.3? After switching to video mode, audio was gone. I was not able to do a call. I had to reboot the device to be able to login to skype again. That behaviour is reproduceable.

R
    Andy
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    YAY! This news doesn't make up for Dennis Ritchie but it's a start!
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    These release notes aren't suppose to pop up here at all. Any potential future webOS version that may exist, it's existence is under NDA!
    It always cracks me up when I hear people say this. So what? Why should anyone care whether a third person (who is not their subordinate) breached a contract with another person? People breach contracts everyday, it's a regular part of doing business!

I'm also VERY excited about any new releases for my beloved TouchPad. I even installed the CM7 Android port today, and while it's fun to toy with, it's clearly an inferior interface vs. webOS...
    Last edited by WesleyTP; 10/15/2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Slingbox anyone

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyTP View Post
    .......To be clear, I'm a lawyer IRL......
    Condolences

seriously, someone had to make the joke...LOL
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

If this update is truly imminent ,what is the fate of webOS? HP flip flops back and forth . Now it looks like the P.C division isn't being spun off after all. The fate of webOS was supposed to be determined by now. I've read various rumors that given the various Samsung/Apple patent wars and that Apple may go after Android and Google/Motorola next, that webOS has suddenly become more valuable.
    Last edited by Apelles; 10/13/2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apelles View Post
    If this update is truly imminent ,what is the fate of webOS? HP flip flops back and forth . Now it looks like the P.C division isn't being spun off after all. The fate of webOS was supposed to be determined by now. I've read various rumors that given the various Samsung/Apple patent wars and that Apple may go after Android and Google/Motorola next, that webOS has suddenly become more valuable.
    I'm not reading into anything too much. We all know HP's right hand has no idea what the left is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyTP View Post
    I'm not reading into anything too much. We all know HP's right hand has no idea what the left is doing.
    After all of the messed up things HP has done lately, I have a pretty good idea what HP was doing with its left hand, lol.
    denimadept likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast