Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jblather
  1.    #1  
    I called today to find out whats going on with my repair. They recieved ti and signed for it yesterday. They stated to me that its currently being repaired and said that they are having delays... so i asked if i should still expect my item in 7 to 10 business days and they said yes.... I received just notification that it shipped out today..

    what the heck? how can the turn around be so fast? did they do nothing with it or what? how can it be so fast? also the tracking number is NA12xxxxx which looks like a date.... how can this actually be a tracking number??
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  2. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #2  
    wow what record speed, my veer is still sitting at their repair center, doing nothing

    id call them and ask whats up early tomorrow, it could be just a mistake
  3. maoshouse's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #3  
    they probably didn't do anything to it. They didn't repair mine and gave me a free advance replacement unit. well actually I'm still waiting for it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lulbert View Post
    maybe they sent you a brand new one?
    lol if they did that that would be awesome, but i highly doubt it. Hp is very well aware of my current situation though (recovering from cancer) so who knows. I will keep everyone posted. I know a lot of you are still waiting for your repaired devices.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  5. #5  
    Hmmm...I hope they gave you another unit.
    Marketpantry likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Hmmm...I hope they gave you another unit.
    IF they had them available wouldnt more people be getting shipment confirmations for their hp touchpad orders?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  7. #7  
    I think they're keeping some in reserve for warranty replacements. Either that or they have a number of refurbished units. You might be getting either a new or refurbished unit.
  8. #8  
    Or, you said it was stuck in a boot-loop, so they membooted it, then re-flashed it. Fixed, back in the box and out the door. Easier fix than cracked/blown speakers, or non-responsive screen etc.

    Chances are it's a refurb and you might be complaining a little too early. Best to wait until you get it back and see for yourself.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #9  
    Random words! La Panda cakes! GE Toaster Oven! SE Box Method! Da Octopus Trumpet! If any of those were something you were thinking too as you read this pm me
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Or, you said it was stuck in a boot-loop, so they membooted it, then re-flashed it. Fixed, back in the box and out the door. Easier fix than cracked/blown speakers, or non-responsive screen etc.

    Chances are it's a refurb and you might be complaining a little too early. Best to wait until you get it back and see for yourself.
    I called them this morning. They told me its going to ship out today and that it is the same unit that they received from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    Random words! La Panda cakes! GE Toaster Oven! SE Box Method! Da Octopus Trumpet! If any of those were something you were thinking too as you read this pm me
    I think i worded things perfectly fine. are you sure you arent a stroke victim? I dont get why people feel the need to be rude or troll here.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    I called them this morning. They told me its going to ship out today and that it is the same unit that they received from me.
    Ah, good. I'm curious as to their repair quality. I hope it just works out of the box this time and that the problems don't recur.
  12. romls's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #12  
    I got the same email yesterday. The tracking number is invalid (same format NA12102011 which is yesterday's date). I'm not getting my hopes up. Should be here by Monday according to HP's website.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by romls View Post
    I got the same email yesterday. The tracking number is invalid (same format NA12102011 which is yesterday's date). I'm not getting my hopes up. Should be here by Monday according to HP's website.
    yes, but i called them and they explained the issue. customer service has to manually enter in the tracking information. some lazy person isnt doing their job and when that happens it sends out an email with NA and the date as the tracking number when they mark it ready to be shipped. feel free to get your hopes up.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
  14. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    yes, but i called them and they explained the issue. customer service has to manually enter in the tracking information. some lazy person isnt doing their job and when that happens it sends out an email with NA and the date as the tracking number when they mark it ready to be shipped. feel free to get your hopes up.

    what number did you use to call them? I might call them tomorrow to see whats up with my device i sent back to them
  15. romls's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #15  
    My repaired Touchpad came this morning. A total of 10 days after I sent it in. Everything seems to be working well and I'm happy with the repair. It kept asking me to restore my palm profile, but it would never actually restore, so it was in an endless loop of asking for the profile to be restored. It would not let me doctor the device either so they had me send it in. It's the same serial number, so I'm assuming they repaired it.
  16. #16  
    That tracking number will not work with any carrier (as you've discovered yourself). When I received my TP I checked the label and there was an actual UPS tracking number starting but they never sent it to me.

    I had the same issue as romls btw and now it's working great. I'm just not fooling aroung with testing stuff, lesson learned
  17. #17  
    Why is it a big deal if it took them only 30 minutes to repair your bricked TP? I would worry if it took them a week to repair your TP. I'm not sure if this thread is to mock HP or commend them on such a fast turn around. My cracked case took them around 3 weeks to fix. I can imagine the actual time it took was around 10 minutes or so. Many of us who sent our TP's in received the same one back and that's cool with me.

    Sorry, I think i'm frustrated at this thread because I thought three weeks seems like an eternity. Others reported waiting even longer.

    *edit* it has also been reported here for a while that the NA tracking numbers aren't working for most of us. It took mine only two days to arrive.

Posting Permissions