1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have a courier coming to collect my Touchpad for a speaker crack repair tomorrow.

I was just wondering what you all thought about removing preware patches and linux etc.

I currently have quite a few patches installed and also an overclock kernel.

I also compiled and installed a modified web doctor to enable me to install linux Ubuntu.

Will having these kind of things on my Touchpad effect my warranty in any way?

It is getting returned for the dreaded speaker crack so nothing software wise it faulty with it, should my choice of software installed matter to them?

Appreciate your feedback?

PS. I am asking as I'm not looking forward to doctoring to stock and reinstalling all my apps tweaks etc on its return.

I wish there was something similar to a full nandroid backup as with android devices

Regards
    Last edited by evolution.x; 10/12/2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling :)
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I would recommend a backup (usb and save / restore) and then a visit to the standard doctor before sending it in.
    Check out Paper Basketball Plus! A toss it / paper toss style game with achievements, timed mode, moving targets and more! Buy 1 app, use it on pixi / veer / pre / touchpad all in full resolution! It's neat. I swear. For reals.

http://bit.ly/moZYOq
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    I would recommend a backup (usb and save / restore) and then a visit to the standard doctor before sending it in.
    Do you think they would refuse my warranty repair if i sent it in as is with patches & linux?
    You're going to get it back completely wiped so you might as well do it yourself.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    You're going to get it back completely wiped so you might as well do it yourself.
    I'm shocked that they would wipe the device even though it is only going in for cosmetic repair?

Has this happened to you?