1. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    for some reason my touchpad is eating quite a bit of bndwidth. My schools wi fi has a weekly cap and just browsing on this today too up nearly 1 gb. I didn't even watch any videos or anything. Just browsing..
    I'm not sure how much a TouchPad should be using, but it is doing things in the background, such as synching with facebook or Twitter, getting email, or backing up to your palm profile. Try changing setting in those programs to not synch as frequently (ie, set email to check every 4 hours or only on demand).

Let me know how you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    I'm not sure how much a TouchPad should be using, but it is doing things in the background, such as synching with facebook or Twitter, getting email, or backing up to your palm profile. Try changing setting in those programs to not synch as frequently (ie, set email to check every 4 hours or only on demand).

Let me know how you do.
    Block ads and flash. They use a lot of bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    for some reason my touchpad is eating quite a bit of bndwidth. My schools wi fi has a weekly cap and just browsing on this today too up nearly 1 gb. I didn't even watch any videos or anything. Just browsing..
    This doesn't make any sense at all. The Atheros AR6003 operates at either 48mbps and 85mbps (g and n, respectively)

1 Gigabyte (you did mean, GB, right?) = 1024 Megabytes = 1,048,576 Kilobytes.

If you are on 48 mbit, wireless G (which most schools are, due to its greater range and compatibility with all devices) you are only looking at a half-duplex protocol (like all 802.11 protocols). Even if you were able to transmit at the highest theoretical speed, you are looking at 6 Megabytes per second. This just doesn't happen. You are probably more in the 1 Megabyte per second range. But if we even run the numbers for 3 MB/sec, you would have had to have maxed out your bandwidth for a bit over 5.6 hours. Were you on your device that long?

Even at wireless N, you would be looking at a maximum bandwidth of about a maximum real world transmission of about 12 MB/sec. 3 hours of maximum usage would be required for this.

Unless you were wirelessly transferring files between Box.net or something, you couldn't really do this. Do a bandwidth check on your TP (free app) and see what your tested speed is. It will probably (definately) be lower than these numbers.
    Ok what to do:
    1. Go to settings
    2. Choose wifi management icon
    3. In WiFi tap left top corner for settings
    4. Tap settings
    5. Change to : Turn WiFi Off
    6.it is on this small window that will pop up
    7. Go back and enjoy

what it does?
    It swiches off wifi when screen is off and with that conserve your battery and bandwidth.

Do not be worry wifi will be on when you will need it

cheers