1.    #1  
    Is it possible to download mp3 mp4 pdf and other items on yhe fly from the browser like I can in android ? Is there an app where I can move files that are downloaded with out a pc. I'm giving my first tp to my mom who has no pc and would like to know if she can do these things without a pc. Thx !

sent from my thunderbolt
    I would love to download audio & video podcasts directly too. Is this possible in Web os?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    No, there is no current fix and I'm honestly flabbergasted that this wasn't the FIRST patch for the Touchpad. It must be harder to program than I assume, because this caveat is absurd in my opinion. I've played with EVERY workaround and "fix" available... I can't download a ringtone from Myxer to save my life.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I agree, why isn't anyone fixing this? Or are we seeing this covered by HP in a future update?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I agree, why isn't anyone fixing this? Or are we seeing this covered by HP in a future update?
    Who knows. It looks like the only future updates for webOS is patches 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 and I don't know if these add functionality.

Probably the best bet is Android ICS when it comes out.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I don't want Android (only as a last resort to reboot to from time to time)... I would have bought a different tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Who knows. It looks like the only future updates for webOS is patches 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 and I don't know if these add functionality.

Probably the best bet is Android ICS when it comes out.
    The "best bet" would be the Palmdroid project, or Alien Dalvik honestly. Dual booting to Android is one of those "last resort" things none of us really want to do.

Android apps running natively in WebOS > Android port
    I download music (mp3s) to my touchpad, you just need internalz pro from preware to change the name of the download to an mp3
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for you help guys. I guess there is no way to really do it other than what mollester suggested. That sux I always download mp4s on my thunderbolt. Hopefully one day!