Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I'm finding my Touchpad battery drains even when it's turned off. I left for a graveyard shift at 7PM the battery was at 56%. When I came back about 12 hours later it was down to 44%. I made sure I held down the power button and selected shut down. Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone help?
  2. #2  
    when you switched it on, was it booting (glowing HP Logo)?
  3. #3  
    Mine does the same. Shut down and wait to screen goes off. Turn back on a few days later battery drained nearly 60 percent. When I turn on I get the glowing hp and a few seconds before the home screen goes live. Any word ?

    sent from my thunderbolt
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    when you switched it on, was it booting (glowing HP Logo)?
    Yes Somline, it's the glowing HP logo in the middle of the screen when I switch it on. I'm up after sleeping for 6 hours and the battery has drained to 38%
  5. whoa's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #5  
    Just a suggestion. Under your email preferences, reset your the "GET E-MAIL" to Manual under SYNC CRITERIA. I'm guessing that this auto syncing causes the battery to drain in the background.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by whoa View Post
    Just a suggestion. Under your email preferences, reset your the "GET E-MAIL" to Manual under SYNC CRITERIA. I'm guessing that this auto syncing causes the battery to drain in the background.
    Thx for the suggestion Whoa but I don't have email set up at all (yet). I talked to tech support they talked me through a partial restore and said to keep it on and use it until the battery drains to zero then charge to 100% and monitor the battery and call back if I have the same problem.
  7. #7  
    Yup nothing set up yet on tp. I do have it over clocked to 1.5 uber

    sent from my thunderbolt
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by whoa View Post
    Just a suggestion. Under your email preferences, reset your the "GET E-MAIL" to Manual under SYNC CRITERIA. I'm guessing that this auto syncing causes the battery to drain in the background.
    This may help when the TP is on. But in this thread we talk about a TP which is completely shutdown.
    Unfortunately I have no explanation for this. We had reports like this for the pre as well.
    Some electronic seems to drain the battery a bit while completely shutdown.
  9. #9  
    THAT'S why there's a TouchPad shortage... HP is out of TouchPad batter! SO obvious now!

    WHAT UP.
  10. #10  
    Well I will definitely have to test this out because with my Touchpad on but with the screen off I get good battery drain... 5-6 percent battery drain after 8 hours of being on.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsilva3 View Post
    Well I will definitely have to test this out because with my Touchpad on but with the screen off I get good battery drain... 5-6 percent battery drain after 8 hours of being on.
    I was actually watching my battery drain a percent every couple of minutes while doing basic web browsing. I don't want to send it to my mom just yet until I can figure it out.
  12. #12  
    In the WiFi preferences, there is an option to leave WiFi enabled during sleep, or turn it off. I suspect this is what is causing the drain. The default seems to be leaving WiFi on.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerhobbes View Post
    In the WiFi preferences, there is an option to leave WiFi enabled during sleep, or turn it off. I suspect this is what is causing the drain. The default seems to be leaving WiFi on.
    Thanks that makes sense.

    sent from my thunderbolt

Posting Permissions