1.    #1  
    I've been trying to install flash for firefox on my UbuntuChroot. I finally did find flash-aid and got it installed but it isn't working? So I tried to get the apt installer from the flash website and I get a "unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file" for the synaptic package manager. It also seems like I am unable to give myself any kind of real admin authority, I can't even change my time zone! I must be missing something here? Do I need to install flash from Xecutah somehow rather than in the Ubuntu terminal in the GUI? Grrrrrrrrr. Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by waveuponwave View Post
    I've been trying to install flash for firefox on my UbuntuChroot. I finally did find flash-aid and got it installed but it isn't working? So I tried to get the apt installer from the flash website and I get a "unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file" for the synaptic package manager. It also seems like I am unable to give myself any kind of real admin authority, I can't even change my time zone! I must be missing something here? Do I need to install flash from Xecutah somehow rather than in the Ubuntu terminal in the GUI? Grrrrrrrrr. Thanks.
    SO it turns out that it's an ARM issue. I tried to install 10.1 player but it's didn't want to execute because of i386, which is weird because I thought it was ARM compiled. Anyways I just installed gnash and said forget it. It sort of plays the flash videos, but it's laggy. Better than nothing I guess. I would love to hear a better suggestion if there is one to get flash on ubuntuchroot.
    SO it turns out that it's an ARM issue. I tried to install 10.1 player but it's didn't want to execute because of i386, which is weird because I thought it was ARM compiled. Anyways I just installed gnash and said forget it. It sort of plays the flash videos, but it's laggy. Better than nothing I guess. I would love to hear a better suggestion if there is one to get flash on ubuntuchroot.

no as of right now official (aka from the Adobe's site) are x86 or x86-64 and gnash and swfdec are basically outdated imo, I would go with lightspark although i don't know if its in a repo on buntu
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
    no as of right now official (aka from the Adobe's site) are x86 or x86-64 and gnash and swfdec are basically outdated imo, I would go with lightspark although i don't know if its in a repo on buntu
    Thanks I will give lightspark a try.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks I will give lightspark a try.
  6.    #6  
    Tried it, it doesn't work with ARM I am guessing. Installs but no flash...
    Tried it, it doesn't work with ARM I am guessing. Installs but no flash...
    Don't know how you set it up (def of it not working, disabled or uninstalled gnash, if it shows up in Firefox/iceweasel/chromium as a plugin if you compiled from source/ or used repo) as there are way to many variables (I have actually been using it on PPC because active the project has been compared to the rest...)

And actually for best results you should compile from latest release (or if your up to it from latest trunk...) as the ones in the repo (at least in buntu ) are old and only i386/x86_64
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs