1.    #1  
    I purchased the 32 gig HP Touchpad from an Ebay retailer after the firesale. It was factory sealed however less than 1 week after receiving it the headphone jack seems to have failed. I believe this to be a hardware issue such as an internal screw being loose. I determined this by the fact that I can get flashes of sound intermittently when I insert the headphones. The problem I have encountered as I research the Warranty provided is that they use the purchase receipt as the date the Warranty begins. Has this proved a problem for anyone attempting to get warranty honored? Does anyone have a number I can call to inquire on this issue? I would be willing to accept a compromise such as having warranty start on device release date or something even, as long as I can get the thing fixed. It is a wonderful device but being able to use headphones and listen to music is one of the primary uses I have. Any advice or experiences that I might find informative or useful would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Necroscope
    The HP TouchPad has not been out long enough for anyone's warranty to have expired. Perhaps common sense will prevail.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpadder View Post
    The HP TouchPad has not been out long enough for anyone's warranty to have expired. Perhaps common sense will prevail.
    Exactly it should be obviously in warranty. I have heard the repair times are abysmal at the moment I wonder if I should wait to send it in or do it immediately... hrm. Decisions decisions.
    It seems repair times are random. Some on here get them back fast and others are still waiting. I sent mine in on friday and it seems its ready to come back to me today. Lets see if they actually fixed anything but yes you shud send it in because that's a big problemi think.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities