Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    This may have been posted in other threads so my apologies if it is a repost.

  2. #2  
    The speed difference is interesting...what causes that? Just optimization in the software somehow?
    FS: 32gb Touchpad with HP Folio Case, HP Touchstone Charger, and HP Bluetooth Keyboard. $SOLD Thank you for your PM's and interest.
  3. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #3  
    Can someone summarize? My connection at the office is glacial.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  4. #4  
    I don't think the video shows a fair comparison. Both Touchpads should be running at
    the same clock speed in order to show the difference between 3.0.2 and 3.0.3.
  5. #5  
    To be fair, what effect do you get if you drop the Touchpad on 3.0.2 to, say, 600MHz? I get absolutely no difference whatsoever in my video playback, when doing so.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I don't think the video shows a fair comparison. Both Touchpads should be running at
    the same clock speed in order to show the difference between 3.0.2 and 3.0.3.
    I second that.

    Frankly, having a video comparison is nice but this one is a bit boring. It's too much talking and showing unnecessary stuff. The author of the video should get more to the point.
  7. nexus14's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #7  
    Summary:
    -browser works faster in 3.0.3 when it loads the first webpage
    -speeds are comparable on the 2nd webpage, 3rd webpage, etc
    -pinch to zoom is smoother on 3.0.3
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    Summary:
    -browser works faster in 3.0.3 when it loads the first webpage
    -speeds are comparable on the 2nd webpage, 3rd webpage, etc
    -pinch to zoom is smoother on 3.0.3

    Also note that 3.0.2 is at 1.7GHz and 3.0.3 is at stock speed
  9. #9  
    But given the fact that the 3.0.3 one is up to speed with an overclocked 3.0.2, that can only mean that HP optimised a lot of things.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    This may have been posted in other threads so my apologies if it is a repost.

    thanks for the video! I am eagerly waiting for the 3.0.3 update now.
    something224 likes this.
  11. #11  
    you all forgot enterprise support in wifi... may mean proxy's are supported natively now and no need for proxyswitch... although I'd like to see it first.
  12. #12  
    when will 3.0.3 be out for the public?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    This may have been posted in other threads so my apologies if it is a repost.

    Thanks for the video!! Can you do a check if 3.0.3 actually fixes the Wifi problem with WPA2, PEAP with MSCHAPv2? My school uses this network and it's really sad that the touchpad can't support the certificates issued.
  14. #14  
    It's also clear that flash is remarkably faster in 3.0.3 - even with the clock speed difference. On one webpage the flash element loads faster on the 1.7ghz 3.0.2 touchpad - it's an ad going through a small slide presentation. The 3.0.3 touchpad quickly catches up then significantly surpasses 3.0.2, ending up several slides ahead very quickly.

    Flash in 3.0.2 has always been a bit sluggish, even at 1.7ghz, so this is a big deal.

    At any rate, 3.0.3 runs very nicely even at the 1.18ghz stock speed.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    It's also clear that flash is remarkably faster in 3.0.3 - even with the clock speed difference. On one webpage the flash element loads faster on the 1.7ghz 3.0.2 touchpad - it's an ad going through a small slide presentation. The 3.0.3 touchpad quickly catches up then significantly surpasses 3.0.2, ending up several slides ahead very quickly.

    Flash in 3.0.2 has always been a bit sluggish, even at 1.7ghz, so this is a big deal.

    At any rate, 3.0.3 runs very nicely even at the 1.18ghz stock speed.
    You're making me very curious about the 3.0.3 update! Since I ran my touchpad at stock clock speed, I appreciate every significant speed bump.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    when will 3.0.3 be out for the public?
    When it ready, there are bugs with it.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineArch View Post
    Thanks for the video!! Can you do a check if 3.0.3 actually fixes the Wifi problem with WPA2, PEAP with MSCHAPv2? My school uses this network and it's really sad that the touchpad can't support the certificates issued.


    I didn't make that video. I found it on YouTube so I can't check that out for you but it does look like there are some wireless changes.
  18. devize's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #18  
    So tempted to just go and install 3.03
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    So tempted to just go and install 3.03
    same here, but I am hesitant. Are there patches available for 3.0.3 yet? Kernels?

    has anyone had success installing 3.0.3 recently, (after the supposed shutdown of the beta servers) and still been able to log into their existing palm profile??

    I may just have to try it for myself
  20. #20  
    Just wait for the official release , it can't be that far behind

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions