-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Coming soon! (so maybe January 2012?)
    Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    When it ready, there are bugs with it.
    and 3.02 is sooo rock solid
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Blafoo View Post
    Frankly, having a video comparison is nice but this one is a bit boring. It's too much talking and showing unnecessary stuff. The author of the video should get more to the point.
    You just summed up 95% of internet video... couldn't keep watching it. Good videos require planning -- write a script! -- and editing.

As for the actual content, it's nice to see it's faster. I wonder to what extent the speed increases just integrate what we do with patches (e.g. turn off all the unnecessary logging) and to what extend they are above and beyond that.
    so reading rootzwiki, it seems 3.0.3 is available in the wild so to speak, and for a short time, 3.0.4 was avail as an ota upgrade if you had done the 3.0.3 upgrade, but 3.0.4 has been pulled. See: webOS 3.0.3/3.0.4 - Page 5 - xda-developers and [Discussion] CyanogenMod team Touchpad port - Page 140 but I'm sure you are all as capable with google as I am :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    has anyone had success installing 3.0.3 recently, (after the supposed shutdown of the beta servers) and still been able to log into their existing palm profile??
    I'd like to know this as well please.
    Comparing devices with different kernals isnt apples to apples.

The WebOS team is still working on software updates (per their own statements), and Im sure when 3.03 is ready, it will be pushed out to everyone, but, there is no reason to believe that there will be performance increases based on this video - those CPU speeds are vastly different due to the kernals, and, its compounded by the fact that the F15 kernal is still in beta from WebOSinternals, and hasn't been released yet, publically.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by wbussing View Post
    same here, but I am hesitant. Are there patches available for 3.0.3 yet? Kernels?

has anyone had success installing 3.0.3 recently, (after the supposed shutdown of the beta servers) and still been able to log into their existing palm profile??

I may just have to try it for myself
    I installed it yesterday night. It's awesome. More than 90% of patches are working and every kernel available for 3.0.2 is also working. But installing any kernel other than stock breaks the stock camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovleshgarg89 View Post
    I installed it yesterday night. It's awesome. More than 90% of patches are working and every kernel available for 3.0.2 is also working. But installing any kernel other than stock breaks the stock camera.
    from reading the discussion, it is 3.0.4 that breaks a lot of stuff, there was Also a rumour in there that they might skip .03 because of the browser issue, and go straight to .04?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    When it ready, there are bugs with it.
    Hell bugs didn't stop them from earlier releases, or from releasing a tablet full of them. Why stop now?
    I don't want 3.0.3 if it means my Hulu is busted again. Only just now got it working again!
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Hell bugs didn't stop them from earlier releases, or from releasing a tablet full of them. Why stop now?
    For the first time, they're not rushed to make it for a date that someone without engineering idea marked on the calendar. That give them something worthy: time to do things right.
    I, for one, am hoping that the last round of touchpads will end up with updated softwares, especially if all this niceness that you guys have been talking about is true.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I, for one, am hoping that the last round of touchpads will end up with updated softwares, especially if all this niceness that you guys have been talking about is true.

They are shipping with 3.02 installed.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I hope they'll have Flash 11 like Android, I heard it's more optimized for ARM than ever, and this will also be useful for Hulu, which requires frequent updates of Flash to work. I remember having the problem on the N900, which only had Flash 9 back at the time. It worked okay then Hulu asked for updates, patching the version number worked some time, then Hulu started to use Flash 10-specific commands, and it didn't work anymore from there.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12