Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Knucklehead
  1.    #1  
    As a new Touchpad owner, I would love to be able to download files from my home WiFi network, as opposed to connecting a USB cable and copying the files manually. Other OS's have apps for this, but I have not been able to find one for WebOS. Does anyone know of any applications that have this capability? I recently purchased the Gemini File Explorer, and this app looks like it intends to offer network browsing capability in the future, but alas, nothing today.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Multiple people are working on that, if I'm right. At least they are on the to do list of both the developer of Gemini and Internalz HD.

For now check this thread (I know I still have to update the first post).
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html
    Tbaccess (PC client) and Tb file transfer (TP client)
    doc31 likes this.
    Box. You get 50gb free. There's a limit to file size, so no videos, but it works fine with smaller files.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Box is no alternative to your home network.
    If your looking to remove the USB cable part, WiFi media Sync will do that. Doesn't allow direct browsing of all content. You have to setup the sync PC side then you can choose what you want to be synced from the TP side.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    If all you want to do is transfer files without plugging in cables, it works fine, at least it does for me.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Doesn't bhome from Preware do what you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Tbaccess (PC client) and Tb file transfer (TP client)
    +1 It works great for browsing your PC drives from the TP and grabbing files.

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Agreed. It requires two transfers. First from the PC to Box, then from Box to TP. It doesn't allow to simply browse and grab from the TP.

Quote Originally Posted by GMG View Post
    Doesn't bhome from Preware do what you need?
    Not. Bhome is a media streamer client for UPnP media servers. Works great for that. I'm using it with Win Media Center as the server.

...ken...
    I use OpenSSH with Filezilla. Takes a little while to setup, but it works perfect.