Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54
Like Tree5Likes
  1. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #41  
    from what I understand changing that libflashplayer thing is basically what the old hulu fix did. ....but I too am wondering if this topic should get deleted, b/c I'm sure hulu workers troll forums like this.

    its probably only a matter of time..or maybe they've already caught on and are working on patching the loophole
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    So when I reversed the change the result was "WEB" - so the setting is in that file in that folder, but the sed edit isn't working maybe due to a format change in the file on 3.0.3....

    You know, I don't even really care that much if this works, 'cause I don't really watch or want to watch videos on my TP, but you know, it's starting to **** me off.

    I edited the libflashplayer.so file by hand w/a hex editor to set the WEB to WIN and saved it, pushed it to the folder and ensure permissions matched, and it still doesn't work. I'm moving on, but it looks like this hack may have to be revised for 3.0.3 when that gets formally released (assuming this hack is still working at that point).

    Happy hulu-ing to you 3.0.2'ers.
    Sorry dude. I can't help but believe there's a way to do it, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    from what I understand changing that libflashplayer thing is basically what the old hulu fix did. ....but I too am wondering if this topic should get deleted, b/c I'm sure hulu workers troll forums like this.

    its probably only a matter of time..or maybe they've already caught on and are working on patching the loophole
    Yes, same thing as I understand it, and yes one has to worry that this thread will be followed by the wrong folks at some point.
  3. #43  
    all i see are trailers listed but NO full length movies. ***
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    all i see are trailers listed but NO full length movies. ***
    You don't see a menu on the left side of the screen that has a heading "Browse All Videos By Type" with "Full-Length Movies" as the first link under that? I sure do.
  5. #45  
    I hate it that South Park episodes take you to Amazon, where they want 1.99 per episode!
    But Southparkstudios.com works fine.
  6. #46  
    If you go to the video search page there are a number of filters including "Refine By Payment Model" which has criteria including "FreeŚAll Includes ad-supported and offsite videos" and "FreeŚWithout Leaving IMDb". Also "Refine By Type" with criteria including "Full Movie" and "Full Episode". Helps to weed out stuff you might not want to see.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    So when I reversed the change the result was "WEB" - so the setting is in that file in that folder, but the sed edit isn't working maybe due to a format change in the file on 3.0.3....

    You know, I don't even really care that much if this works, 'cause I don't really watch or want to watch videos on my TP, but you know, it's starting to **** me off.

    I edited the libflashplayer.so file by hand w/a hex editor to set the WEB to WIN and saved it, pushed it to the folder and ensure permissions matched, and it still doesn't work. I'm moving on, but it looks like this hack may have to be revised for 3.0.3 when that gets formally released (assuming this hack is still working at that point).

    Happy hulu-ing to you 3.0.2'ers.
    So the simplest explanation if WIN is not showing up as the flash string even after doing the sed edit is that 3.0.3 isn't using those libflashplayer.so shared objects that you edited. You could look for another flash shared object but I'm not sure how to determine which one is being used, perhaps ncinerate could advise. If you wanted to search for other flash related shared objects, perhaps a command like below could help. You're liable to get some false positives but shouldn't be many. I'm not sure how to do a case insensitive search with find off the top of my head so I left off the first character to avoid worrying about the case of that character.
    Code:
    find / -name \*lash\*|grep '\.so'
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    So the simplest explanation if WIN is not showing up as the flash string even after doing the sed edit is that 3.0.3 isn't using those libflashplayer.so shared objects that you edited. You could look for another flash shared object but I'm not sure how to determine which one is being used, perhaps ncinerate could advise. If you wanted to search for other flash related shared objects, perhaps a command like below could help. You're liable to get some false positives but shouldn't be many. I'm not sure how to do a case insensitive search with find off the top of my head so I left off the first character to avoid worrying about the case of that character.
    Code:
    find / -name \*lash\*|grep '\.so'
    I put my money on the thought that he's not editing the correct file.

    I don't have 3.0.3, so I cannot advise onto the location of the libflashplayer.so file being used by the OS. Someone using it would have to dig the file up. Once found, it should -absolutely- work by simply changing that small string from WEB 10 to either WIN 10 or LNX 10. If you are editing a file and it's NOT showing the new flash string (WIN 10 or LNX 10) when you check it at the flash website here:

    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

    If the file is edited correctly, that place will show the proper string in the "Your Player Version:" space. It will either say WEB, WIN, or LNX, depending on the current state your libflashplayer.so is in. Mine shows WIN (reporting a windows pc, essentially). If yours shows WEB after you've edited your libflashplayer.so file, try rebooting the touchpad and going back to test again. If it is STILL showing WEB, then you are editing the wrong file.

    As for the user agent, I've already knocked together a new patch for 3.0.3. No reason to release it at present however, because until someone locates the proper libflashplayer.so file, a change user agent spoof would do exactly jack squat (outside of breaking your app catalog and other fun stuff, that is).
    Last edited by ncinerate; 10/12/2011 at 11:48 AM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  9. #49  
    Looks like overnight imdb unfortunately got the latest hulu code release, now acting just like going direct to hulu, at least for me, Figured it was just a matter of time. Even worse there's something wrong with the advertisement feed. Fully patched, without any ad blocking, the test movie never comes up at imdb although it will at hulu. So, at least for me, as of this morning, hulu is working better than imdb.
    Last edited by texasflood; 10/13/2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
  10. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #50  
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Still working for me. I think that this thread should be deleted and not talked about again. Every minute this thread stays up is another chance that hulu blocks us all again.
    well it's a catch 22, i mean I could have just kept it to myself and enjoyed hulu for a little while longer or I could have helped a ton of people learn about this loophole but risked it getting closed. damned if you do, damned if you don't. i chose the latter
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    Unfortunately yesssss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    I think that this thread should be deleted and not talked about again. Every minute this thread stays up is another chance that hulu blocks us all again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    well it's a catch 22, i mean I could have just kept it to myself and enjoyed hulu for a little while longer or I could have helped a ton of people learn about this loophole but risked it getting closed. damned if you do, damned if you don't. i chose the latter
    it was probably inevitable no matter what we did.
  13. #53  
    Very frustrating. It makes no sense. I would actually consider subscribing to Hulu + if I thought I could use my touchpad for it. We also have a Roku, so it would we more valuable and possibly worth it. As it is, I can't justify the cost because I can't rely on it to run on my TouchPad. Am I the only one thinking this way? I doubt it. Hulu is screwing itself by screwing us.
  14. #54  
    I sent a strongly worded email to Hulu about the lack of TP support and of course they responded with typical corporate crap. I cancelled my Hulu+ account on the spot. I just don't understand why they, or anyone cares what device is used to access their service, it makes no sense.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions