Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sriman
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just received a Touchpad today and in the process of setting it up accepted the country selection of Puerto Rico for the App Catalog without much thinking. Only later I came to understand that I cannot access any paid apps. I have a US credit card that I can use to buy apps if I want. How can I fix this error and change the country to US from PRPRPR? $I$ $tried$ $Impostah$ $in$ $Preware$ $but$ $it$ $doesnt$ $let$ $me$ $change$ $the$ $country$. $Any$ $help$ $will$ $be$ $greatly$ $appreciated$. $Thanks$...
    This probably calls to a visit to the Doctor. There's another thread here that discusses your situation. You might even have to call HP. Check out the other thread.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks. I just removed the device from the webOS online account management site. The TP restarted and everything was reset. I have to start from the beginning with a new account.
    Rapol35 likes this.
    Hey Sriman, having same problem. Pls show me procedure to do that. Is that using the webOS doctor?
    Sorry had to repost. Needed to subscribe to receive notifications from this post. I don't know if quick replies will send you notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapol35 View Post
    Sorry had to repost. Needed to subscribe to receive notifications from this post. I don't know if quick replies will send you notifications.
    All types of replies will send you notifications.

You need to use your PC to log into your HP account/profile for the TouchPad and remove it. Then you can use the TouchPad Accounts app (Settings tab) to create a new one.

It's possible that you could use Impostah (Preware) to override the country setting but I've never tried.

...ken...
    DONE!!!! Just deleted the profile. Had to create a new one though with a different email. Tried using the same account and it just brought everything back with the same settings. Had to reset it again. But now I can see all the apps. It even has more free apps than previous country region (weird). Now I need to find out if it will let me buy. Anyway thanks to both.

Arrivederci.